cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

paid in full / still in collections need advice

tag
gardawg

paid in full / still in collections need advice

I paid off a leased computer seven years ago.
last week recieved a collection letter from attorneys office.This matter has never been on my credit report and still is not. need advice thanks
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

FTC

gardawg wrote:
I paid off a leased computer seven years ago.
last week recieved a collection letter from attorneys office.This matter has never been on my credit report and still is not. need advice thanks

Do you have your proof of payment?   Can you contact the company you leased from and have them contact the attorneys office.  Sounds like zombie ebt.  I would let him know that the debt was paid over 7 years ago and that you wish no further communication unless he can prove you have a valid debt from the original creditor.  Go on to inform him that if this matter appears on your credit report you will contact the FTC with proof of pymnt and seek recovery for damages to your credit standing.

Send everything certified return receipt.  CC the FTC.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have any docs to show you PIF 7 years ago? Does th...

Do you have any docs to show you PIF 7 years ago? Does the letter from the attorney state a date from 7+ years ago? If yes and yes, then send 'em a FOAD letter.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.