cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pay for delete only work for the dealing with the original agency that is owed money?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: pay for delete only work for the dealing with the original agency that is owed money?

@Tuscani wrote:
My pleasure. PFDs are usually successful. There is no harm in trying. Smiley Happy
Its a win win for both parties. They get their money, you keep your credit worthiness.
It sounds like EXP is willing to work with you. Just comply with their requests.

You would think...but the agencies I've dealt with are far more interested in punishing you and keeping your credit score down than in SOLVING THE FRACKING PROBLEM and achieving a win-win solution.

That's what angers me the most about the whole credit system...it's all about punishing you for any mistake you make and holding it against you as long as possible rather than SOLVING THE FRACKING PROBLEM so everyone can get ahead.
Message 11 of 18
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: pay for delete only work for the dealing with the original agency that is owed money?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Tuscani wrote:
My pleasure. PFDs are usually successful. There is no harm in trying. Smiley Happy
Its a win win for both parties. They get their money, you keep your credit worthiness.
It sounds like EXP is willing to work with you. Just comply with their requests.

You would think...but the agencies I've dealt with are far more interested in punishing you and keeping your credit score down than in SOLVING THE FRACKING PROBLEM and achieving a win-win solution.

That's what angers me the most about the whole credit system...it's all about punishing you for any mistake you make and holding it against you as long as possible rather than SOLVING THE FRACKING PROBLEM so everyone can get ahead.

I hear ya. I think its safe to say that most large CAs get themselves on a powertrip!
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

So far they haven't gotten a penny of my money, so they are wasting their time bothering me. The SOL has already run out on all but one of my debts, and it's only $328. Can't picture anyone suing for that.
Message 13 of 18
Beledona
Regular Contributor

I can't believe this. I got my updated cr from Experian and they didnt take off the tax lien.  I sent them verication that this debt was paid off in 1998 and to begin with it was my former spouses!!! I am so ticked off! Can I dispute this once again?  Under status it says N/A well it should say it was paid even if it wasnt by me it is listed as mine and my former spouses.  The State of Michigan no longer even has it listed.  What is up with Experian?

And another thing on my credit report it list a person named Shaun as my spouse.  I am not married and my former spouses name is Matt! 

This just does not make any sense.
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there any way to get a copy of that letter?  I am in the same position.  Thanks!
TJones
Message 15 of 18
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

8ballchump wrote:
Is there any way to get a copy of that letter?  I am in the same position.  Thanks!
TJones

IM me your email
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

And another thing on my credit report it list a person named Shaun as my spouse.  I am not married and my former spouses name is Matt! 

Last month, when I started looking at my reports, TU listed my BROTHER as my spouse.  The only reason I can think of is that about 10 years ago, I co-signed for my brother and his wife for an apartment.  I disputed it with the CB explaining he is my brother and they removed him as my spouse a couple of days later.

Message Edited by HouseHunter on 04-29-2007 10:34 AM
Message 17 of 18
Beledona
Regular Contributor

What a bummer.
I have yet to hear from the ca that I requested a PFD from. 
I had sent the pdf request on the 9th. 
It looks like I will pay and it will still be on my credit record.
I want my credit to be improved and it has been slowly but surely.  In July I will have pd my biggest collection my student loan.  Hopefully I will see an improvement on my fico 
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.