Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pay off debt

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

pay off debt

Im planning to pay off my credit card debt I tried to apply for personal loan so that I can pay them off but they deny my application how many times. I try to consolidate but they told me that I have to have 10,000 dollars debt to approved my loan. And she can't help me. Do you have any idea or do you know trusted company that I can ask for. They give me the result of denial of my application it shows
the
LENGTH OF TIME ACCOUNTS HAVE BEEN ESTABLISHED
% OF BALANCE TO CREDIT LIMIT TOO HIGH ON REVOLVING ACCOUNTS
TOO MANY INQUIRIES LAST 12 MONTHS.

I really want to pay all my debt the credit card debt. My plan is to make a personal loan and I will automatic deduction. I just want to pay them off. I need some advice. I dont know what to do.......
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: pay off debt

Try the GE line of credit. I applied with them back in March and got approved for a 15k limit. I used that to consolidate my debt a at an okay rate and have paid it off completely, which in turn, raised my score significantly since my debt was so high.
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who's the CCC, what's the CL, what's the balance, what's the APR?

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

what is GE peggy? I hope I get approved with 15k thats how much I need to pay my debt. are they secured peggy? thanks...
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is the link:

GE as in "General Electric". I had never heard of it until they sent me an offer through the mail. It couldn't had came at a better time because I had several thousand worth of cc debt from being underemployed for a few months so I put all my cc debt on it and paid it off in a couple of months at the lower APR. My score has jumped about 40 points since I have paid off the debt.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh they send you an offer thru mail so they approved you. I try to go online but it shows that they have no line of credit availble for me I didnt try to apply yet. I never seen my credit score yet I dont know if they will approved me if I will try to apply. My debt is 12k peggy thats why I need to get rid of them. give me some idea. thanks
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

okay then, go to this link:

Go to this link and scroll down to find the number where you can call to apply since you do not have an invitation. I would try it if I were you. Let us know how it turns out.
Message 7 of 9
jru577
New Contributor

Peggy,

Wondering if you know what CB GE pulls from? And if you would share your scores from when you applied?

Thanks,

Judy
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jru,

GE pulled Equifax(I'm in Washington, DC) when I applied. I think my Equifax score was around 680 when I applied and it was low because of my high utilization, which is why I think I got the invitation in the first place. I came home one day and found it in my mail and said to myself this is exactly what I need, so I called the next day and they approved me for a 15k line of credit at 10.99 and I was able to pay it down in a few months, in turn, raising my equifax score a little over 40 points.

The thing that I didn't like about this GE line of credit is 1. I had to pay a transaction fee of 75 bucks for them to direct deposit the money into my account and 2. You can only make 2 online payments each month toward your bill and you had to schedule the payment 2 days in advance, my guess is to squeeze an extra 2 days of interest outta ya. But overall, I saved money by consolidating my debt onto GE, but I won't be using this line of credit again because of the transaction fee.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.