cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

paying off car loan. will score raise?

tag
R_W_
Valued Member

Re: paying off car loan. will score raise?

Just to close the loop on this, it turned out that the lender had changed my status to my worst delinquency instead of paid/closed... they fixed it and my score went right back up!

Starting Score: EQ 740, EX 792 (lender pull), TU 772 (lender pull)
Current Score: EX 850, EQ 835, TU 755
Goal Score: all over 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 11 of 14
mtrsprt
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I like to lease car and rent a house.

Now THAT's throwing money away.....

Starting Score: 521 TU, 597 EQ, 574 EX on 6/20/2011
Current Score: 753 TU, 764 EQ, 766 EX on 02/17/2014
Goal Score: 720-740 Across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 14
jclampitt
New Visitor

your post says wallet has then there is a large list of cards, it looks like your score was in the 500's last year and now it's in the 600's. Can you break it down for me? exactly how did you raise it, time period wise and what score did you need for each of the cards you listed. Please help i always promised myself that by the time i was 30 i would buy a home. Well i just turned 29 last month and i have extended my dates all the way to oct 9th 2015 (the next day i will be 31) to get my scores up. If it doesn't happen it doesn't but i am working on it!! any suggestions would help!! My scores are currently 595, 573, and 560....

Message 13 of 14
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

Welcome to the forums. Rather than letting your questions get bogged down in this message or taking it off track from the original poster you may want to start a new post with your own information and questions. The information that will help is your current scores and where you obtained them and the good and bad accounts (summary) that are in your reports.

The Rebuilding Your Credit forum is a wealth of information on ways to help your score and the Mortgage forums have all the best info on what lenders are looking for in that area.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.