Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

personal line of credit help

tag
xb5869
Established Member

personal line of credit help

Long story semi-short...  700-740 fico depending on which one....  I've had lots of different car loans, and a mortgage but only 2 revolving lines (both only $250) in the past 7 years.  I applied and got approved through psecu for there ploc/visa combo for $20,000.  I do a lot of car loans through them so I figured it wouldn't be a problem, but i'm probably on the edge for other banks ploc that I don't have that history with.  What I want to do is open another personal loc, pull the money off the second line of credit, then balance transfer that to psecu to take advantage of the 2.99 transfer promo rate instead of 9.99%.  My question is, since before I got approved for this 2 days ago I really didn't have any revolving credit worth speaking of, am I better off applying for another one now before this one shows up on my credit or waiting for it to show up on my credit that I have 2 lines with $20,000 limits? I just remember once before when building my credit I started with low limit cards and the next offers would just keep getting gradually higher than the last building off each other.....  So is it better for a bank to know that another bank has trusted me with 2  $20,000 limits or better to look like I don't have any at all? I hope this makes sense

after thinking about this a minute i guess the second line woudnt HAVE to be a PLOC and could be a cc since im just going to transfer it anyway, but i like the idea of PLOC's and the lower interest rates than credit cards.  Any advise on PLOC's that I might be able to qualify for?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: personal line of credit help

Until I applied for my Discover card last year, the only things on my credit report were student loans and maybe a closed JCPenney card that waas closed in 2012. I was approved with similar scores to yours. I think it just depends on the bank's criteria for approving credit cards. Some want to see a history of responsible credit use, others seem to look at scores alone. I know that probably doesn't help, but it's my 2 cents.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.