Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pfd letter?

tag
annah
Contributor

pfd letter?

Can anyone tell me how to write one?

I have a collection for Verizon. Totally my fault, but I was waiting for them to adjust the final balance, and they sent it to collections almost immediately. Thankfully it's not at a CA, just through their own department.

I'd like to send them a pfd letter, but not sure how to word it, or what type of offer I should make? 

Any help Appreciated!

Anna
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: pfd letter?

I can almost guarantee it will hit your report (battled them from September thru December).  Try to head this off - call the local office and get them to send you a letter with the amount (and final bill) and that upon payment they will not place or remove from your reports.

Check your reports - they hit my CR within 2 months of the bill they claimed I owed.

The collection area is full of jerks - I tried to PFD this and got a form letter saying to call them (was told I was being sent to a CA).

Since verizon is an OC - they don't have to validate but they do have to investigate if they have verified the TL on your CRs.
Message 2 of 6
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

We had a similar situation with VZ... they seem to vary by state (NY here).  They were not reporting but the balance was in final accounts and we were waiting for a credit and final bill that never came.  No one really gave a poop there or cared to fix it... maybe $30 or so... and we just decided to cut our losses, pay it before it went to outside collections, and vow to never deal with them again.

If it is not reporting, I can say that once we PIF'd by credit card over the phone with them... nothing suddenly appeared on CBRs and it's been a few years.

I'd say either PIF or remove the disputed amount from the total as your offer.  You can try to settle for even less if it's worth your time... and if the account defaulted a few years ago or is out of SOL they will be more apt to take a settlement.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 3 of 6
annah
Contributor

Thanks so much!!

Yes, it's already on my CR. Only 2 months from the time I got the first bill. Well, rather, I got one bill, waited for the final bill which didn't come, and *poof* there they are!

I already wrote out my pfd letter using the letter referenced in the link.

Thanks again!!

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Verizon (at the address on my CR - a Ohio address) just blew me off for a PFD.  I finally used the method below (they zeroed the account and rmeoved from my reports the $66)

Dispue with all 3 CRAs and wait for it to verify.  Then send the following to the office for your state (not the one on your CR - they blow everyone off)

Company

Address

Address

Date

Re: Acct #xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To Whom It May Concern:

I recently pulled my credit report from Experian, Equifax and TransUnion and noticed this account was listed on each of my reports as a collection I immediately disputed this information with Experian, Equifax and TransUnion and the results of the investigation came back as "verified

Since I have disputed the account with the credit bureaus, and you have verified them, I would like to see what sort of records you have for this alleged account. Under the new FACTA laws, you are required to conduct an investigation on this account, and I am now requesting it.

In order to clear up this matter, I would like to see:

Complete account history, including, all statements, records of all activity, payments, collection attempts, and any charges added for collection activity; In short, any and all documentation pertaining to this account

If you don't respond with the results of the investigation (as is required per the FCRA), I will assume you have no documentation and therefore you were negligent in providing the credit bureaus with accurate information. At this point, you would also be in violation of the FCRA merely for not responding within the 30-day period.

Please send all correspondence to:

Name

Address

Address

Sincerely,

DO NOT SIGN......JUST TYPE NAME

Message Edited by Lady_Scarlet on 12-31-2007 06:00 PM
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lady Scarlet, I have two semi-old Ballys (I think one is out of SOL). I disputed in December and January (them and others). Bally's was removed from my Transunion (including my 19 year old good accounts with them Smiley Sad ) but remains on my Experian.

I was planning on PFDing them, even though in both cases it resulted from moving (once from NY to San Fran, once back, but they required proof of moving which I didn't have since once I was moving in with a friend and once back home).

Do you think there is anything to sending the OC Validation letter to them (since it was verified) just to see if I can shake it loose, and then if that doesn't work PFD? Or the other way around?
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.