Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pfd or just let them age?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

pfd or just let them age?

im  a newbie to the forum, so forgive me if i break any post rules.
      i've been reading forums for almost a week straight and have gleened alot information.
wish i had started reading first before i had paid off some accounts.
         i have three accounts that are listed  on my tu as collection accounts, unpaid.
                   afni-bloom    $ 257.28      oc  is verizon         est. date to be removed    5/08
                   capital credit sers.    $390.00    oc is tsai                                                   5/08
                   n amer.cable coll.     $118.00    oc is comcast                                           4/08
i also have a fourth with credigy recievables which  i am currently in the middle of paying off,balance $1035                                                                                                             3/08
          my first question is should i pfd them or just let them age? im afraid if i let them age and drop off they will show up again down the road.
          second question can i still pfd credigy even though im in the middle of paying them off.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: pfd or just let them age?

Yes you can offer Credigy a PFD.

I agree on your concern regarding things showing up down the road.

The first step with the 3 collections is calling the OCs to see if they still own the account.  If so, you would want to PFD with them.  If they do not, you can DV the CAs and then PFD with them once they validate.

With these items falling off in as little as 3 months, it's really to your discretion on if you would like to deal with them now, or once the hump is over.  Also, if you are past collecting SOL, that works very well for you in getting PFD agreements more easily.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.