Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

please, I need help with this CA they have me stumped

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

please, I need help with this CA they have me stumped

after 2 DV letters to this CA all the were sending back was papers with only my name typed on them, no signature or address. I sent a 3rd letter demanding a sign document or remove from my CR. Below is what I got back. Now get this....It was HAND WRITTEN on what looks to be a company note pad. NOT company letter head.

their responce

First of all there is no signed agreement to receive emergency ambulance service. So you are asking for something that will never exist and does not have to be provided.The documents were provided and if you want to dispute this you can dispute that the SS# and DOB is not yours and provide me with that information and I will remove this from your CR.

What do I do about this??
Do I send the info they want? I don't feel comfortable sending it to them when they request it on a peice of scratch paper.
any ideas??
thanks gang

Message Edited by sdwoodworker on 10-17-2007 09:22 PM
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: please, I need help with this CA they have me stumped

bump
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I really need help on this one ...... anyone?
Message 3 of 14
Boswd
Valued Contributor

Call them up.  I know alot of people recommend not talking to them but sometimes you have to you when you hit a wall.    Is it yours, did you or a family member have to take an ambulance?

I know how uncomfortable it can be giving your SS#  but trust me they can get it.   If it's not your  I wouldn't give them you SS#  but going back and forth with them through mail doesn't seem to be getting you anywhere.   You might be able to clear this up by calling them.   Don't agree to pay anything just make sure they have all their facts straight.

Message Edited by Boswd on 10-18-2007 06:27 AM
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh no, is this what I have to look forward to??

My husband was in a car accident (minor) and some driverby called for an ambulance.  When we got the bill and I called, they said that we were responsible for the bill no matter who called.  I was floored.  So that means that if I see a fender bender and call for an ambulance for the people (just to be an A@@ that the people in the accident would be responsible??? I think this is crap and told DH not to pay it.  Well, isn't it lovely that it ended up on MY credit report.... when I clearly wasn't even in the car.  I guess it would be possible to get the police report that states who was actually IN the accident.  It is frustrating, isn't it.
Message 5 of 14
Boswd
Valued Contributor

Did your husband go into the ambulance, if so they you are out of luck but if he didn't  then I think you might be able to fight it.   I would talk to an attorney.
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did your husband go into the ambulance, if so they you are out of luck but if he didn't  then I think you might be able to fight it.   I would talk to an attorney.

Nope.  Neither party took the ambulance.
Message 7 of 14
Boswd
Valued Contributor

How much is the bill?     It may just be worth fighting.  I agree that is total BS.
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bill is for $188.  It just angers me that it somehow ended up on my report.  It's currently being disputed as "not mine" to the CRAs but we'll see if it works.
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I never rode in this ambulance but it is my name on the papers they sent me but no signature or address. They are telling me that I am the one who has to prove it is not me . Is this right???
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.