cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

please help...

tag
gonzo

please help...

Right now my credit scores are in about the 630's. My CL is $3700. And right now I am right about at it. 2 days ago I paid down 1800 of it. Question being: If I pay it down to under 10% is it possible for me to hit the 700 mark?..Or are there any guesses as to where i might hit?..I have no derog. or CO's.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
andyaycw
Frequent Contributor

Re: please help...

How long is your credit history? What other types of accounts are listed in your credit report? How many times have you applied for credit in the past 6 months? 12 months?

Starting Score: EQ 773, TU 766
Current Score (2/25/2017): EX 813, EQ 823, TU 818
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 6
skip519

My credit history is 9 years old, my accounts avg to 3 years old. I have 3 cc's. 1 new account opened in the past 6 months, all others are over a year.
Message 3 of 6
andyaycw
Frequent Contributor

Hm with no negatives on your credit report, I would say that you stand a relatively good chance of hitting at least into the high 600s, if not lower 700s.

High utilization takes away quite a bit of points on your FICO.

Starting Score: EQ 773, TU 766
Current Score (2/25/2017): EX 813, EQ 823, TU 818
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

and for the record, for most loan types, there is little or no difference between 680 and 700. they are in the same "bucket" so if you get up to like 685 or something, you'll likely get the same rates and deals as if you had 700.
Message 5 of 6
sunrise
Frequent Contributor

There is a darn good chance your scores will be near 700!!  You have a really great chance of going over 700 if you can pay-off all but 1 cc (leave the last cc w/ approx 3% util)Smiley Happy

Keep us posted on your results!!
takin' it one day at a time
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.