Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

please help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: please help

We have not been spending or going out at all. The only reason I am current on everthing is because I used my tax returns and kept getting cash advances to make the monthly payments. We have been budgeting, but we still can't make the monthly payments. I keep hearing and reading about the this dmp or other programs. Would any of these help.
Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

llecs wrote:

Plus you have up to $2100 coming to you next month for the tax stimulus, assuming you file by the 15th.

You dont' get the $300 for children over 17.

Economic Stimulus Payment Calculator -

Message 12 of 21
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

sidewinder wrote:

llecs wrote:

Plus you have up to $2100 coming to you next month for the tax stimulus, assuming you file by the 15th.

Thank you for catching that. You are right. You can only count dependent children who were not over 17 on January 1, 2008.

northern, you still may get $1600. It'll be less if your middle child was a minor on January 1.
Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks, that will help
Also, do you think any of these programs help, like dmp or credit couseling places.
Message 14 of 21
shawnette
Regular Contributor

llecs wrote:

sidewinder wrote:

llecs wrote:

Thank you for catching that. You are right. You can only count dependent children who were not over 17 on January 1, 2008.

northern, you still may get $1600. It'll be less if your middle child was a minor on January 1.

Actually, it's over 16.  If they are 17 before Jan 1, you don't get anything for them.

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Because I'd rather not do the BK route. and I don't even know if I fall in to that catagory. 
Message 16 of 21
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Dohhhhh! Strike 2.

From the FAQ on IRS: "Families with children under 17 generally will qualify for an additional payment."

Thanks again. Sidewinder posted right and I read wrong.

shawnette wrote:

llecs wrote:

sidewinder wrote:

llecs wrote:

Actually, it's over 16.  If they are 17 before Jan 1, you don't get anything for them.

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

northern wrote:
thanks, that will help
Also, do you think any of these programs help, like dmp or credit couseling places.

I've never dealt with them personally. However, I've read where people have and know someone who has. I think most have a negative experience.

As for credit counseling, it might not be a bad thing to attend to learn how to better budget and where you can cut cost. Some credit counseling offers just counseling and budget help. They don't actually deal with your debt themselves.The one here offers like a group type counseling, budget help. Very informative.

Can you get those student loans deferred? That saves $200+ each month.

Message Edited by sidewinder on 04-03-2008 09:44 AM
Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am going to call them and see, thanks for the advise
Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

What state do you live in?
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.