Valued Member
secchange

pls dont ignore...major confusion

I called a CA (Certegy) today for a debt/baddy that is paid - and they refuse to remove it from my CR - i begged and pleaded......what can I do?  it is a major ding....it shows as a paid collection. 

second.  I called equifax about a collection from Cingular and they said it is not on my report.  but i have a recent(last week) copy of my CR which shows CIngular....CR was pulled from MyFico.  should i still pursue the matter?? 

Lastly, i disputed with EQ a providian collection because i feel that the amounts owed are wrong and DOLA is wrong - although i disputed with EQ should I send DV to providian anyway????

I hope you guys help - i feel maybe am not asking the right question or I am not expressing myself properly because i seem not be getting alot of responses to my questions.....i would truly be grateful for the help:-)

please please....i promise to keep quiet for a while after that......thanks aloooooootttttttt!
Established Contributor
TexMontana

Re: pls dont ignore...major confusion

1. Try a GW letter. If that doesn't work, try another.And another. And another. Get the picture. Make each one a little better than the last.

2. Perhaps the Cingular was dumped after you pulled that report. Do you have TC? I do - so I can look at my reports everyday to monitor my progress. I wouldn't take anyone's word on what's on your report - get in in print.

3.Let the dispute you filed have a chance to work. If it doesn't get you the results you are looking for, DV.

Good luck!
" I like to live as a poor man, with a lot of money." - Pablo Picasso (who was a jerk.)
Valued Member
secchange

thanks - i really want to get this done ....i really feel horrible and i feel like i've lost control (i know am taking steps to get better but am afraid that i may not get the results i want)

but i truly thank this forum for guiding me through this MESS i call CR....i.e. my life.

i am so addicted - what do you guys put in this;-)
Moderator Emeritus
HappyDays

[ Edited ]

secchange wrote:
I called a CA (Certegy) today for a debt/baddy that is paid - and they refuse to remove it from my CR - i begged and pleaded......what can I do?  it is a major ding....it shows as a paid collection. 

second.  I called equifax about a collection from Cingular and they said it is not on my report.  but i have a recent(last week) copy of my CR which shows CIngular....CR was pulled from MyFico.  should i still pursue the matter?? 

Lastly, i disputed with EQ a providian collection because i feel that the amounts owed are wrong and DOLA is wrong - although i disputed with EQ should I send DV to providian anyway????

I hope you guys help - i feel maybe am not asking the right question or I am not expressing myself properly because i seem not be getting alot of responses to my questions.....i would truly be grateful for the help:-)

please please....i promise to keep quiet for a while after that......thanks aloooooootttttttt!

Never call a CA! they lie.  What is this showing on your CR?  paid unpaid?? what  OOPS i see it now.  DO as TEX says  start with GW to them.

I have providian also & they ummmm can't use that word here....stink. Does it state Providian collections or another name like a CA?  Ask the CRA  what they have as your DOFD

Did you get an updated report from CRA on your dispute?

A DV goes to a CA not a CCC.  Although I did send 1 before I knew the difference.

Like TEX said...cing. might have dropped since last week OR  you mentioned pull...did you mean an ing was pulled?

Message Edited by HappyDays on 08-08-2007 07:03 PM
Established Contributor
TexMontana

Hey, I'm pretty certain that everyone here has been where you are emotionally. It IS frustrating trying to make things happen when all you can do is sit at a computer and type letters. But, believe me- Things will improve. It will probably take twice as long and three times the effort you want it to, but if you just keep plugging, things will happen!
" I like to live as a poor man, with a lot of money." - Pablo Picasso (who was a jerk.)
Valued Member
secchange

The report does not say Providian as CA it has weird numbers next to it - my DOFD is Jan 2005 which is wrong....and i disputed today so they said i will get a letter and updated report within 21-30 days.

what is ing??

thanks
Moderator Emeritus
HappyDays

[ Edited ]
type everything that you see...

Also know what your state SOL is.....you do not want a lawsuit.

Message Edited by HappyDays on 08-08-2007 07:24 PM
Valued Member
secchange

the collection agency "178yc12511" was hired to collect a debt of $825 originally owed to Providian Bank on account number D123283N1XXXX".

CA  178yc12511
Orig Bal $825
Curr. Bal 1,981
status  Unpaid
date assigned april 2006
date reported jan 2007
date last active jan 2005
org lender providian bank

Moderator Emeritus
HappyDays

OK   that makes no sense to me.....I know that medical bills look like that but what would Providan bank have to due with it.....I can not answer you. ADD to your subject line...PRO HELP PLEASE!

secchange wrote:
the collection agency "178yc12511" was hired to collect a debt of $825 originally owed to Providian Bank on account number D123283N1XXXX".

CA  178yc12511
Orig Bal $825
Curr. Bal 1,981
status  Unpaid
date assigned april 2006
date reported jan 2007
date last active jan 2005
org lender providian bank

Valued Member
secchange

Re: pls dont ignore...PRO HELP PLEASE

thanks Happy

i have three other that look like that - please experts take a look and HELLLPPPPPP PLEASE.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}