Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

possible?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

possible?

credit score jumped 50+ points today. so happy about it! Smiley Very Happy in the garden till June. does anyone think i'd be able to hit 700s across the board? or maybe very close? i'd like to apply for Amex ED or BCE by my birthday (mid June). would it be possible? AMEX is the goal. as well as 700 across the board Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: possible?

Bump

Message 2 of 8
guydiver
Established Contributor

Need some more history.  What is your AAoA?  What is your current revolving utilization?  Do you have any negatives reporting? What is your credit mix like?  Any installment loans? Mortgage? student loans? The more info you provide the better your question can be answered.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

AAoA is 0y4mo. Overall util is between 30 and 35%. No installment loans, mortgage (live with parents), nor student loans. no negatives. Got my first credit card Augusr of last year. And no negatives. Myfico shows my payment history as exceptional 

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

AAoA is 0y4mo. Overall util is between 30 and 35%. No installment loans, mortgage (live with parents), nor student loans. no negatives. Got my first credit card Augusr of last year. And no negatives. Myfico shows my payment history as exceptional 

You have what is known as a thin file, but it is also a clean file. Many issuers are fine with thin and clean. I think you have an excellent shot at some successful apps in June. I know Discover will give you some love, and quite possibly Amex. The only thing I'd suggest is that you get that util percentage down under 10%.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah, i'm working on it. haven't used the Journey yet and I plan to keep it that way and just focus on paying all but one card down to 0 and have that one card report 1-9% util.

Message 6 of 8
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

credit score jumped 50+ points today. so happy about it! Smiley Very Happy in the garden till June. does anyone think i'd be able to hit 700s across the board? or maybe very close?

Impossible to say with the data provided.  Scores don't just change arbitrarily.  Any score is based on the data in a report.  Do you anticipate improvements that would jsutify such an increase?  What change(s) led to the increase that you experienced?

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

patience, you will get there!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.