Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

prisoner of my own mistakes

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: prisoner of my own mistakes

Hey everyone, hope you had a great holiday weekend.

Nothing in the mail from Macy's yet, been 2 weeks now.

Still waiting on my refund from FICO Smiley Sad

Once I get this and pay some bills I'll start looking around at getting a report...Any ideas?????

@Anonymous wrote:
I would definitely agree with many of the responses detailing the credit card approach, but I would also venture to recommend going to Beneficial or American General and obtaining a loan of around $1,000. They are high-risk lenders, so you'll more than likely get it. And put half of it in a savings account and use the rest to buy whatever, and pay it off in a few months. Lather, rinse, repeat. I did this with my credit union and now have confirmation they'll approve me for a $5,000 personal loan...which isn't amazing, but for a 19 year old, that's pretty darn good!

I don't know my scores yet, is this something I should do once I determine my scores?

@SanFranMatt wrote:
You'd have to act fast, but you should see if your parents would be willing to add you as an Authorized User on their credit cards. If they do this now, then by the end of the year the new cards might be reporting (and therefore giving you some credit history). That should be enough to get a couple cards on your own, before the Authorized User status goes away.

No shot on that one, might as well pretend the parents don't exist Smiley Wink

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

try for a secured card from BofA (give them $500, they give you a card with a $500 CL, do around 9 months of absolutely perfect payment history, graduate to the real thing), go to a credit union and talk to them.

Is going to BoA an option since they are the ones that issued me the line that I messed up on?

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
You just need to get something current on your credit history.

I'm trying! I'm trying!

Message Edited by lessinlearned on 11-26-2007 11:26 AM
Message 31 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

***UPDATE***

I received the Macys letter in the mail today. Here are the reasons:

"The factor(s) which most significantly affected our decision is (are) as follows:

- AMOUNT OF AVAILABLE CREDIT ON OPEN REVOLVING ACCOUNTS
- TOO MANY DELINQUENT ACCOUNTS
- TOO MANY ACCOUNTS SERIOUSLY DELINQUENT
- HISTORIC DELINQUENCY ON REVOLVING ACCOUNTS"

Reported by Experian.

Whats next? Get my report?
Message 32 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Get the EX report (and the others also).
Message 33 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Get the EX report (and the others also).

The EXP report only shows the BOA card as a negative item, No positive items Smiley Sad

Paid,Closed/Account charged off. $2,225 written off.

Date Opened:
12/2004
Type:
Revolving
Credit Limit:
$1,500

Date of Status:
08/2006 Terms:
NA High Balance:
$2,260

Reported Since:
11/2004 Monthly Payment:
$0 Recent Balance:
NA

Last Reported Date:
08/2006 Responsibility:
Individual Recent Payment:
NA

Your Statement:
NA

Creditor's Statement:
Account closed at credit grantor's request.

Account History:
Charge Off as of Oct 2005 to Jul 2006
180 days as of Sep 2005, Aug 2005
150 days as of Jul 2005
120 days as of Jun 2005
90 days as of May 2005
60 days as of Apr 2005
30 days as of Mar 2005

I'll work on getting the 3 reports by next week.
Message 34 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just realized something, When I applied at macys I used a mailbox address(private box, not PO Box). When I applied at MyFico, I used my home address. Could this be what caused the error?
Message 35 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

bump
Message 36 of 44
notmyname
Regular Contributor

Yes.....................you most definitely need to be using a consistent address when dealing with credit issues.
My only credit problems always stem from my address history. So much so that I have just been cleaning the addresses in the personal section of my credit report. You can only do so much with that too; because if an address becomes historically connected to you it can't be remove.

Use an address and stick with it and when you change your address update with your reports. This will help you in years to come as well as now.

Good luck,
RP
Message 37 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

******UPDATE*******

Three months ago a friend of mine who works at BoA ran me through the system and it came back approved for the 99/500. I was ecstatic!!!

Three months and three PIF statements later I am wondering when is a good time to check my scores? I have nothing to compare them against because I had no credit activity for so long that a score could not be generated.

Should I do it now (just paid the third statement last week) or wait?

Message 38 of 44
treski
Frequent Contributor

Welcome back.  (:

I would be too curious to wait ... but maybe someone has better advice.

Not much help, but I liked reading your thread.  Congrats on the 99/500.

NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa $25k, USAA MC $3.5k, USAA Amex $3.5k
Message 39 of 44
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

lessinlearned wrote:

******UPDATE*******

Three months ago a friend of mine who works at BoA ran me through the system and it came back approved for the 99/500. I was ecstatic!!!

Three months and three PIF statements later I am wondering when is a good time to check my scores? I have nothing to compare them against because I had no credit activity for so long that a score could not be generated.

Should I do it now (just paid the third statement last week) or wait?

If the BofA account is the only thing that has been reporting within the last six months, you need to wait.

To get FICO scores, these three things need to happen:

1. You have to have had at least one credit account open for at least six months. --Your BofA is only three months.
  2. You have to have had something undisputed and reporting within the last six months. --You do have that.
  3. You can't be dead. --think you're OK there.

I think because of #1, you'll have to hold off for 3 more months. But I'm not certain. I always get a little cross-eyed on this one.

http://www.myfico.com/CreditEducation/questions/requirement-for-fico-score.aspx

What are the minimum requirements for a FICO score?

There's really not much to it; in order for a FICO® score to be
calculated, a credit report must contain these minimum requirements:

• At least one account that has been open for six months or more
  • At least one undisputed account that has been reported to the credit bureau with in the past six months
  • No indication of deceased on the credit report (Please note: if you
    share an account with another person this may affect you if the other
    account holder is reported deceased).

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 10-05-2008 06:14 AM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 40 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.