cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

promo inq (soft) from "Swiss City" --anyone heard of them?

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

promo inq (soft) from "Swiss City" --anyone heard of them?

From my Equifax full report, via Credit Watch Gold:

PRM-SWISS CITY   09/10/10

I haven't applied for anything recently, and it's a promo prefix anyway. I've ordered from a new catalog recently (WinterSilks, mmm), but otherwise, I can't think of anything in my fairly unexciting life that might have generated this one.

I googled prm-swiss city and got some unenlightening drivel from CB, but nothing else.

Has anyone seen these no-doubt-fine folks pop up on their reports?

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: promo inq (soft) from "Swiss City" --anyone heard of them?

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

I haven't applied for anything recently, and it's a promo prefix anyway. I've ordered from a new catalog recently (WinterSilks, mmm), but otherwise, I can't think of anything in my fairly unexciting life that might have generated this one.

I googled prm-swiss city and got some unenlightening drivel from CB, but nothing else.

Perhaps you will soon be getting a pre-approval for the Swiss Cheese Credit Card?  or Swiss Chocolate?  Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 16
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Perhaps you will soon be getting a pre-approval for the Swiss Cheese Credit Card?  or Swiss Chocolate?  Smiley Happy

Could this offer possibly be "full of holes"?  Smiley Very Happy

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 3 of 16
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Anyone who has access to your name can make an inquiry under FCRA 604 for your "credit report."  How they got your name is known only to them.  I dunno.

If you ordered a catalog from them, they have your name and address.  That might be a reason why they are offering free catalogs...... to get your currently reported address in order to make you a promotional offer?

However, unless they additionally show a business or credit transaction intiated by you, or if they state that it is for the purpose of reviewing existing credit, ALL that they can receive as a result of their inquiry is your name and address, as currentlly recorded in your credit file.  FCRA 604(c)(2). 

The CRAs record these as PRM inquriies, which have zero afftect on your credit score.

Insignificant.

Message 4 of 16
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@RobertEG wrote:

Anyone who has access to your name can make an inquiry under FCRA 604 for your "credit report."  How they got your name is known only to them.  I dunno.

If you ordered a catalog from them, they have your name and address.  That might be a reason why they are offering free catalogs...... to get your currently reported address in order to make you a promotional offer?

However, unless they additionally show a business or credit transaction intiated by you, or if they state that it is for the purpose of reviewing existing credit, ALL that they can receive as a result of their inquiry is your name and address, as currentlly recorded in your credit file.  FCRA 604(c)(2). 

The CRAs record these as PRM inquriies, which have zero afftect on your credit score.

Insignificant.

Yes, I realize that; that's not what I was saying.

I was saying that I've never heard of Swiss City before, and I couldn't find a company by that name via Google. Or at any rate, I lost patience after all the links to Zurich and Lausanne and Geneva.

I asked if anyone had ever heard of Swiss City and who they might front for, so to speak. They don't seem to be connected with any of the few companies I order from on line, so I doubt that's a link.

For all I know, it's a company that offers a Visa to pay for yodeling lessons, but I already have a choir director for that.

I'm always fascinated to see who's nosing around in my reports. Smiley Happy

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 16
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Zurich is going to send you a preapproved offer to live there.

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Either you're pre-approved for a Vaccation in Switzerland OR they're just checking to see if you are eligible to stack "Black money" in a swiss account Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 16
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

Either you're pre-approved for a Vaccation in Switzerland OR they're just checking to see if you are eligible to stack "Black money" in a swiss account Smiley Very Happy

Ah, yes, all those zillions and zillions of extra funds stashed under the bed... Smiley Tongue

Message 8 of 16
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Vacations, Swiss cheese, and Swiss chocolate (as long as it's dark chocolate) are all most welcome, though.

And I love Zurich!

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a weirder inq on my Experian file. It says "... LLC" with a wierd address in Nebraska. The night before I checked my Experian file, I was watching Bruce Almighty, so I have settled on the fact that maybe it was, you know,.....God checking on my credit to make sure everything was in order, LOL!

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.