cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

promo inq (soft) from "Swiss City" --anyone heard of them?

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: promo inq (soft) from "Swiss City" --anyone heard of them?

Whoa, be careful with that one! Smiley Surprised That ...LLC might be a collection agency, or an attorney linked to one.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

But...but..I dont owe nobody nothing. I have only 1.8 yr credit history (heck, I've only been in US for less than 2yrs,LOL!)

Message 12 of 16
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Could be from one of those Swiss Replica Watch companies that love to invade the junk folder. 

Junk mail...soft Inq....it's all the same thing  Smiley Tongue

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BungalowMo wrote:

Could be from one of those Swiss Replica Watch companies that love to invade the junk folder. 

Junk mail...soft Inq....it's all the same thing  Smiley Tongue

Yeah, she'll probably get an offer to sell her a Rolex for $29.99.  Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 16
Mekitcat
Frequent Contributor

I had the same thing show up on mine for the same date 09/10/10 PRM-Swiss City Than it showed up again 04/26/11 but this time it showed AR-Swiss City (AR=creditor)

It occurred to me that it was "The Swiss Colony" I received a pre-approve book from them which of course I ordered from yum, yum  that was the first inq and than they bumped up my CL the 2nd inq. I hope that helps you know who it was from Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 16
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Promotional offers for credit are really the only form of credit inquiry that differs in actual substance under the FCRA.

All other forms of credit inquiry, if they qualify as a "permissible pull," entitle the inquiree to a copy of your complete credit report.

Pulls based on offers for unrequested credit entitle the inquiree, under the FCRA, only to your name and address.

Thus, so-called promotional inquiries, and the promotional offers they send as a result, are not based upon review of your CR.

They call their offers "pre-approved," but that is a joke.  Approval is then contingent upon review of your application, which then gives them full CR permissible pull.

They are basically a gimmick to get your consent to pull your CR.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.