Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

...question about disputes -

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

...question about disputes -

If an adverse account is found on a credit report (in collections - I have no recollection of this account), should I first dispute it with the collection agency that's reporting it on the credit report or should I dispute it through the actual credit reporting agency that it's found on (Eq, Ex, Tu)?

Thanks in advance
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ...question about disputes -

Is it a collection agency that is reporting the account on the CRs? If so, then send the CA a DV letter. You can search on this forum for sample DV letters. Send it certified mail with return receipt request.
Message 2 of 8
danikasmom
Regular Contributor

What is the DOLA?  It should say on the report and what is the SOL for your state?
Message 3 of 8
future
Frequent Contributor

send the ca a dv letter cmrrr, once you receive the green card back, then dispute it with cra's.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

upmyscore2008 wrote:
Is it a collection agency that is reporting the account on the CRs? If so, then send the CA a DV letter. You can search on this forum for sample DV letters. Send it certified mail with return receipt request.

Yes, it's a collection agency. I'll give it a try... thanks.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

danikasmom wrote:
What is the DOLA?  It should say on the report and what is the SOL for your state?

I'll have to officially find out the SOL in my state (Louisiana) - I've heard it's 7 yrs.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

future wrote:
send the ca a dv letter cmrrr, once you receive the green card back, then dispute it with cra's.

... this sounds like a plan. 

Thank you.
Message 7 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Louisiana Statutes of Limitation Contracts: 10 years. Open accounts: 3 years. Lawsuits, which are filed but not pursued, become null three years after the last action taken. Judgment: 10 years, and if not renewed within the ten years become a nullity. Up Maine Statutes of Limitation
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.