Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question about loan

tag
Zeno
Contributor

question about loan

I have a question though to see if someone can answer that has experience. Since, i am transferring to another college and it most likely will be a new loan service provider. I found out when i was applying for a car and was approved that the student loans are posted on credit report as deferments so i had a score would getting another loan as deferment on my credit since i am transferring schools negatively affect my score even if it will be posted as defermentt? i know that i will be paying for it after i graduate

Ex:717 EQ: 734 TU: 721
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: question about loan

It will, as a new trade line with zero initial age, lower your avg age of accounts.

Message 2 of 3
Zeno
Contributor

Re: question about loan

The only thing on my credit is the student loan which created a score for me and i now have a car so that will show payment history but the student loans will just be on my credit as deferment would that decrease my score even though it is in deferment? i thought my score would increase since i will be making on time payments on my car my score is 655 i will be trying to find a product where i can monitor all three of my credit reports and fico scores each month with updates

Ex:717 EQ: 734 TU: 721
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.