Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question about medical collections

tag
oogiemoo
Regular Contributor

question about medical collections

On my DH's report for all three CRA's it shows a medical collection in the amount of 184.00 from NCO medclr, We received in the mail just last week a settlement offer from a different CA by the name of MiraMed for this same amount. I am assuming it is the same account or one huge coinsidence. I sent them a PFD. How can two different CA's have this account? Or do you think it is same CA? I pulled the reports from here and they don't list the addresses for these CA's. Do you think I should DV them? Any help is truely appreciated, I know I have been asking alot of questions lately and do thank all of you for your help!! Hopefully someday I can be of some help to someone else on here.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: question about medical collections

Hey, I admire all the hard work you're doing! I'm fortunate not to have been cursed with collections, but I've read that one thing you can do right away is find out if either CA is licensed in your state. I think it was azsassycat who has done some really good posting on this --you might do a search under her user name. Good luck!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 9
oogiemoo
Regular Contributor

OK thanks hauling.........(I would type the rest of your name but if you;ve read some of my other posts...typing is not my strong point.) Actually, I started doing some research on that last week. I live in Pa. and I don't think they have to be licensed. But will have to look alittle deeper. I could be wrong. I have read so much in the last three weeks I confuse one thing with the other. I am happy that I have finally figured out the abreviations on this website that was a nightmare for the first two weeks!
Message 3 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

You do have the abbreviations link, don't you? It's at the top of this forum page, plus there are some duplicates floating around. Looks like fused has done some updating, although it still doesn't have my personal blank spot: MOV (method of validation.)

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=ficoscoring&thread.id=1325
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 9
oogiemoo
Regular Contributor

yes...and I too am at a loss for what MOV actually is....maybe someone will explain it to us.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

MOV - Method of Validation

Letters we write to the CRA requesting how exactly they verified something.

HTH
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

OHHHH ok! Is there specific information they have to provide to prove the verification? Or is it open to opinion as of what constitutes verification.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

check out this threat.  It helps explain a little more... http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=generalcredit&message.id=6237
Message 8 of 9
azsassycat
Frequent Contributor

I had two CAs reporting on my credit reports for the same cell phone account.  I sent both CAs DV letters on 10/08/07 (CA received on 10/12/07).  I got one CAs response on 10/20/07 - the debt didn't belong to them.  I pulled my report today and the duplicate account is no longer on my reports.  I'm planning on sending a PFD letter to the real CA once I get validation back from them.  Here are the names and addresses of the two CAs you mentioned in your post.  Send DV letters to both since they both can't own the account and PFD the one who shows proof of ownership.  HTH

Cathleen

MedClr Incorporated
333 Glen Street Suite 200
Glens Falls, NY 12801

MiraMed Global Services, Inc.
255 West Michigan Avenue
Jackson, MI 49201

10/22/07 (FICO) EQ 544 EX 520 TU 518
03/04/08 (FICO) EQ 606 EX 599 TU 601
04/24/08 (FICO) EQ 600 EX 580 TU 608
06/02/15 (FICO) EQ 578 EX 561 TU 589
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.