Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question about name and address on my CR

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

question about name and address on my CR

I have been married twice..both of my last names are on my credit report however they are on there several times spelled various ways. Is there a way that I can get them removed to either show my current last name or to only show the correct spellings. Most of them are off by only a letter or two. It's the same way with my address...there are different variations of the same address listed. How can I get these remoeved and will it make a difference in my score anyway?  thanks!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: question about name and address on my CR

As far as I know, it will not affect your scores.  But I got all mine as correct as possible because I just feel better that way!
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 4
lagb
Contributor

I had all my variations of my name fixed because I found out that someone with a similar name was merged with my CR!  It was an easy fix to get them unmerged, but still an inconvenience and a major blow to my scores because the other me had some pretty serious debt!

I was told by the CRA to always always use my whole full legal name, no abbreviations, and use my whole middle name as well every time I wanted credit.
Message 3 of 4
thorice
New Contributor

Call the CRA and tell them. They might want you to verify you identity but after that they'll change it.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.