cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question regarding the proper way to fill out address form.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

question regarding the proper way to fill out address form.

ive been trying to do SCT trick.  but i havent had any luck.  few sites i use example 1 and other sites im not allowed to put my address on the first line so i use example 2.

example 1 - not my real address.

Address 1 : 1021 FICO Street apt 3454

example 2

address 1: 1021 FICO street

address 2: apt 3454

does any of this make a difference?   i want to make sure im doing this right. thank you!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: question regarding the proper way to fill out address form.

My default opinion is just say no to SCT.

That said, use whatever the currently listed address is on your reports most likely.

        
Message 2 of 4
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

ive been trying to do SCT trick.  but i havent had any luck.  few sites i use example 1 and other sites im not allowed to put my address on the first line so i use example 2.

example 1 - not my real address.

Address 1 : 1021 FICO Street apt 3454

example 2

address 1: 1021 FICO street

address 2: apt 3454

does any of this make a difference?   i want to make sure im doing this right. thank you!

In my experience, my address is usually listed with the credit bureaus in the same format the USPS uses.  To verify this go to the USPS website, and choose the "lookup a ZIP code" option.  Once you enter your address, it will provide the "official" format you should be using, including whether the 'apt' goes on the first or second line, and in my case, if 'Highway' should be 'Hwy' or spelled out (it is spelled out). 

Hope this helps!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Aha...
I had this same problem.
My town has 2 version to spell the name!

I was spelling it Mckenzie like everyone around here spells it. But I noticed the post office has it as Mc Kenzie... with space and all.. odd

I tried it with the space and was approved for Cap 1 prequalifier. It's strange.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.