Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question

tag
treschic
Frequent Contributor

question

Hello everyone!!. Today, I happened to be looking at my old credit reports from june and july 07, and i found a few inconsistancies.  I have an old MBNA account from 1999-2000. 

• I stopped paying on the loan in 2000 (not sure of month, but believe DOFD was 03/00)
  • On my current cr BOA, and credigy are both reporting, but BOA is reporting $3900 and credigy is actually reporting twice, one at $9000 and the other at $11000, thus increasing my revolving debt by over $20000. the original balance was $2000. 
  • i happened to be looking at my old cr looking at my progress at cleaning up my credit.  when i came across a previous boa entry with an expected deletion date of 08/07!!!
  • my current credit report shows a delete date of 05/08. 
  • i don't mind waiting until may, but i'm in the process of trying to look into purchasing a house.  i dont want to have to wait until june to even try to get approved, because of this false entry!!  the problem, is that they have assigned it a different acct number, but the balance is the same. 
  • so, long story short, what can i do? 
  • this misentry is on all 3 cr. can i fax the cra (it has the same date on all 3) the previous cr, to show them that they reinserted, and changed the date?
  • but do i have proof since they changed the acct number?
  • any advice? and since the 2 credigy's are this same acct (credigy has a delete date of 5/08), will they have to delete them as well?
  •  i really dont want to have to wait until june because of this!!! i was willing to wait, until i came across this, which really pissed me off. 
  • my real question is, boa stated that it should come off as of nov 2007, shouldnt the 2 credigy's be deleted as well? and can they reinsert boa with a different account number? this is past my states sol.  (boa was deleted initially, and then reinserted with a different acct number)
  • june 2007 equifax cr
  • credigy receivables
  • date opened: dec 2002
  • reported since: jan 2006
  • type: installment
  • terms: 1 month
  • credit limit or original amount: $3648
  • recent balance: $7544 as of march 2006
  • account history: this account is scheduled to continue on record until mar 2008
  • original creditor: mbna
  • purchased from: first select inc.
  • bank of america
  • date opened: feb 2000
  • date of status: nov 2001
  • type: revolving
  • credit limit or original amount: $2000
  • hih balance: $3529
  • status: account chared off/past due 120 days.  $3529 written off.
  • account history: this account is scheduled to continue on record until nov 2007

experian january 1st 2008:

• Account History:
  • BANK OF AMERICA02/2000 $0 08/2007
  • $0 CHARGE-OFF $0
  • Current Status: CHARGE-OFF  
  •  High Credit: $2,000 Type of Account : Revolving Credit Limit: $0 Term Duration:   T
  • erms Frequency:
  • Date Opened: 02/2000  
  • Balance: $0 Date Reported: 08/2007 
  • Amount Past Due: $0 Date of Last Payment:  
  • Actual Payment Amount: $0 Scheduled Payment Amount: $87 Date of Last Activity: N/A Date Major Delinquency First Reported:   Months Reviewed: 22 Creditor Classification:   Activity Description: Transfer/Sold/Paid Charge Off Amount: $0 Deferred Payment Start Date:   Balloon Payment Amount: $0 Balloon Payment Date:   Date Closed:   Type of Loan:   Comments: Charged off account  
  • Collection as of May 2004
  •  CREDIGY RECEIVABLES
  • Original Creditor: MBNA
  • Status: Collection account. $10,168 past due as of Nov 2007.
  • Status Details:  This account is scheduled to continue on record until Mar 2008.
  • This item was verified and updated on Aug 2007. Date Opened: 12/2002
  • Type: Installment
  • Reported Since: 01/2006
  • Terms: 1 Months Date of Status: 01/2006 Monthly Payment: $0 Last Reported: 11/2007
  • Credit Limit/Original Amount: $3,648 High Balance: NA Recent Balance: $10,168 as of 11/2007 Recent Payment: $0 Your statement:  Completed investigation of FCRA dispute - consumer disagrees. Account History: Collection as of Aug 2007 to Nov 2007, Mar 2006, Jan 2006
  •  
  • CREDIGY
  • Current Status:  
  • High Credit: $3,648
  •  Type of Account : Open
  • Credit Limit: $0 Term Duration:  
  • Terms Frequency:   Date Opened: N/A   Balance: $9,574
  •  Date Reported: 07/2007  Amount Past Due: $9,574
  • Date of Last Payment:   Actual Payment Amount: $0 Scheduled Payment Amount: $0 Date of Last Activity: N/A Date
  • Major Delinquency First Reported: 10/2006 
  •  Months Reviewed: 2 Creditor Classification: Retail  Activity Description: N/A Charge Off Amount: $0 Deferred Payment Start Date:   Balloon Payment Amount: $0 Balloon Payment Date:   Date Closed:   Type of Loan: Factoring Company Account (debt purchaser)  Comments: Consumer disputes - reinvestigation in progress, Collection account  

Message Edited by angiepharm on 01-19-2008 08:50 PM
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
treschic
Frequent Contributor

Re: question

bump
anyone? anything? any suggestions are welcome.
Message 2 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

hi, angiepharm, could you edit your original post to insert paragraphs? It's kind of hard to figure where to start gnawing on it. Smiley Happy

If you're in Firefox, be sure that the box at the bottom left is checked. It's the box that says: Automatically convert carriage returns to HTML line breaks.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 6
treschic
Frequent Contributor

bump

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

june 2007 equifax cr/
acount history: this account is scheduled to continue on record until mar 2008

credigy receivables     they OWN  this account      Send them a DV they really shouldn't answer....wait 30 days...on day 31  send them a ITS   give them 5 days to delete.
    At the same time as ITS letter   dispute as NOT MINE   send copies of DV letter  Copy of Cert. paper and copy of green card.  Tell CRA that they did not answer DV within allowed time 30 days as allowed by (statue#)  which makes it illegal for them to verify.

Do the same  with   CREDIGY   If this has a different address.

bank of america   this shows  delete date of Nov 2007

dispute      too old to report       please delete

It looks like this debt was sold more then once.

Send this DV   make changes where you need......DO NOT SIGN IT   just type your name

CERTIFIED MAIL #: _______________________________________________________
Your Name
Your Address
YourTown,, State ZipCode

Debt Collection Company Name
Their address
Town, State ZipCode

Date:

Re: Debt Collection Company Name; Acct # Debt Collection Company #; Original Creditor Name; OC Acct #

To Whom It May Concern:
This letter is being sent to you in response to a notice sent to me on DATE. Be advised that this is a notice sent pursuant to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, 15 USC 1692g Sec. 809 (b) that your claim is disputed and validation is requested.
This is NOT a request for “verification” or proof of my mailing address, but a request for FULL MEDIA VALIDATION made pursuant to the above named Title and Section. I respectfully request that your offices provide me with competent evidence that (a) the account is valid, (b) the amount allegedly owed is accurate, and (c) I have a contractual obligation to pay Debt Collection Company Name for this alleged debt.
All of the following MUST be provided to adequately validate the authenticity of the alleged debt AND provide proof of my contractual obligation to Debt Collection Company Name for this alleged debt:
• Signed credit application between myself and the original creditor
• Copies of all signed vouchers from the date account was opened until default
• Copies of all statements from the date account opened until default
• Proof of the statute of limitations
• Proof of agreement that you were hired by the Original creditor (creditor as defined by the FDCPA) or
• A copy of the contract Debt Collection Company Name purchased the alleged debt.
• If the alleged debt was purchased, provide a copy of an agreement between Debt Collection Company Name and myself, signed by me, stating that I have a contractual responsibility to Debt Collection Company Name for the alleged debt
• Provide proof that Debt Collection Company Name is bonded/Licensed for debt collecting in the State of Your State
Be advised that failing to provide ALL of the media requested to validate the alleged debt will invalidate any and all claims Debt Collection Company Name is asserting regarding this alleged debt. If Debt Collection Company Name can NOT provide all of the validation media requested above, ALL collection efforts MUST be stopped and the account MUST be DELETED from the Debt Collection Company Name. If you can NOT validate your claim, you can NOT, by law, collect on it, or SELL it to another collection agency. Also, reporting a debt to the credit reporting agencies that can not be validated is a violation of the FCRA (Fair Credit Reporting Act), and carries a $2500 fine to be paid to me. I have two years to decide if I want to pursue this matter. PLEASE GIVE THIS MATTER THE ATTENTION IT DESERVES.
If your offices are able to provide all of the validating media as requested, I will require at least 30 days to investigate this information, and during such time, all collection activity must cease and desist.
I am also stating, in writing, that no telephone contact be made by your offices. If your offices attempt telephone communication with me, including but not limited to computer generated calls and calls or correspondence sent to or with any third parties, it will be considered harassment, and I will have no choice but to file suit. All future communications with me MUST be done in writing and sent to the address noted in this letter by United States Postal Service.

Best Regards,

Your Name                       TYPE NAME  do not sign
Message 5 of 6
treschic
Frequent Contributor

thank you for your response.  the problem is that the orignal boa showed a delete date of nov 2007.  that one was deleted, but a new boa showes a delete date of march 2008 with a different acct number.  the two credigy's are the same account numbers.  what can i do?  thank you for any assistance you can provide.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.