Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

question

Has anyone had any luck with getting ccc to delete a TL that you decided to close. For example when I first decided to start repairing my credit I apped for a 1st premier cc but after thinking about the fees I called and told them I didn't want the card. that was in March of 2007. they're currently on my reports but has not reported since like September of 2007. I was gonna try a GW letter.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdtobefree
Established Contributor

Re: question

UMMM I am not sure if it being there and reported as CONSUMER closed account is bad or not.

I would GW them and explain that you decided not to venture into a financial relationship with them and would they please remove the TL form ALL your reports.

Now, don't be surprised if they say NO, they can be butt heads.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

l9ikjam wrote:
Has anyone had any luck with getting ccc to delete a TL that you decided to close. For example when I first decided to start repairing my credit I apped for a 1st premier cc but after thinking about the fees I called and told them I didn't want the card. that was in March of 2007. they're currently on my reports but has not reported since like September of 2007. I was gonna try a GW letter.

Do you have lates on the account or all ok?

If it is all good, they might delete. Curious as to why you want deleted?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I 3 closed accounts on my reports and im bout to close a couple more. my reports are starting to look real cluttered.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the accounts are in good standing, it looks good on you reports. Just because your reports are "looking cluttered" is no reason to start closing accounts. You are cutting your history short by closing these accounts.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.