Did you mean: 

questions for people who are AU on a BofA personal credit card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

questions for people who are AU on a BofA personal credit card

For people here who are an AU on a BofA personal credit card:

(1) Does the AU account appear on all three of your reports? If so:

(2) Does BofA have your SSN or did the CRAs just match your name/address?

(3) What appears on your reports: The card's full history or only the history as of the date you became an AU?

Again, asking only about AU on BofA. Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: questions for people who are AU on a BofA personal credit card

@Anonymous wrote:

For people here who are an AU on a BofA personal credit card:

(1) Does the AU account appear on all three of your reports? If so:

(2) Does BofA have your SSN or did the CRAs just match your name/address?

(3) What appears on your reports: The card's full history or only the history as of the date you became an AU?

Again, asking only about AU on BofA. Thanks.

These are good questions as I was just recently added on two BoFA credit cards.

They do ask for SSN when you are added as an Authorized User which I believe means they will report to the credit CRAs.

I think the full history shows on your account for the card.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're just right! My friend was added to his sisters account few days ago and they did ask for his SSN and card's full history will appear on YOUR report aswell.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You're just right! My friend was added to his sisters account few days ago and they did ask for his SSN and card's full history will appear on YOUR report aswell.

Good to hear.  I am hoping it helps my score as one is 27 years old and the other is 22 years old and they are both in good standing with low utlilization.

I was added to Sears as well which is 37 years.  Though it didn't ask for my SSN.  I will end up calling them to double check if it will be reported the the CRAs.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all of the feedback. It appears I was added as an AU before BofA required an SSN, which might explain the account appearing on only one of the three reports. I've been trying to figure out if I should call to add my SSN. On the one hand, it would be great to have the account appear on all three reports, but on the other, I didn't want to risk the account showing up on my reports with only the history as of the date they got my SSN. Looks like I should be safe adding my SSN, if the card's full history appears and not just the AU history. Thanks.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.