Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

quick help

tag
sadie71
Established Member

quick help

I am new to this forum and to MYFICO and I really need some advise on this.

I am buying a house and I have a 30-day late with a closed account by creditor showing up on my credit from 07/2007, which was a surprise to me -  never been late and was unaware that the card was closed.  I have not charged anything on either card that I have since July.

My score is in the low 600 and I need to get this up ASAP.

I only have 2 credit cards -  Orchard and Household bank both with 300 CL; from the same company

The Orchard was closed.

Details --

I have paid these accounts on line at the same time each month.  I pulled my records and don't see where I missed one but upon further review of my records and both Orchard and Household, I see where an error has occured.  Can somebody please tell me what to do and the fasted way to get it done. 

Both accounts were opened in the latter part of 01/2007

02/09 - online due 03/14
paid Household
paid Orchard

02/26 - online due 04/14
paid household
paid orchard

03/23 online due 05/14
paid household
paid orchard

04/27 online due 06/14
paid household
paid orchard

06/14 online due 07/14
paid household
paid Orchard - my records in my check book shows payment - Orchard does not have this recorded and it did not clear my back.

My CL was 300 and my balance was 298.00

06/15 assessed 35 for no payment to them, which put me over the limits, so was charged 35 for over the limit

08/13 online due 08/14
Paid household
Paid Orchard

however, I did not notice at the time, that payment had not posted;  I just paid the payment required.

08/26 on line due 09/14
paid household
paid Orchard

09/15 online due 10/14
paid household
paid Orchard

11/13 on line due 11/14
paid household
paid orchard

11/26 on line due 12/14
paid household
paid orchard

12/03 due 01/14
paid household
paid orchard

All my records and Household and Orchard match up except the one payment in June, which I did make on line and record in my check book but it looks as though when I made the payment on line on 06/14 for both accounts, the Orchard payment somehow did not get posted.  I know I should be paying attention to this but I was paying my bills on time (early at that), so I did not think it was a problem. 

Orchard has reported to the credit bureaus that I was 30-days late for 07/07 and the account was closed by creditor.  

I did dispute this with the bureaus, it came back as being verified.  However, the last activity showing for both of the credit cards was in 08/2007 both with a balance of 278, which means I am not utilizing my credit very well according to the FICO report.  However, these balances are both below 60.00 each. 

I sent an email to customer service at Orchard asking that it be forward to a supervisor with the details listed above and that I felt like something had happened with the transaction from that date and that by looking at their records they can see that I have paid my bill every month and at the same time on line and that I had even paid early when I got the statement in the mail each month and that obviously something with wrong with the transaction and also I pointed out that my balance on 06/14 was 298 and had my payment been posted I would have not been charged 35 for late payment or 35 for over the limit and that more than likely this card would not have been closed. 

Any ideas on what to do?   Anyway to expediate this??? 

I need help fast.

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: quick help

I have lots of advice to keep this from happening again-
Checking in 24 to 48 hours to make sure the payment is posted

Getting and recording the confirmation number

Use your banks online bill pay

Use MS Money to pull the data from your account- if after 48 hours your number and their number does not match-investigate.

However fixing this may be difficult-and will not be a quick fix.

Try emailing Kevin Newman
Senior Executive Vice President, Personal Financial Services

Email address should be

Kevin.Newman@us.hsbc.com
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

HSBC Bank USA, N.A. leadership team.

http://www.hsbcusa.com/ourcompany/leadership/leadership_hsbc_bank_usa.html
Message 3 of 6
sadie71
Established Member

Thansk for the info.
Message 4 of 6
rudy
Regular Contributor

Ok this will not be easy nor fast.
First, check your bank online payment to creditors. You may have used it once and forgot. Second, write them explaining the situation. Also ask if they had computer or server problems at that time. It might be there fault it can happen.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would say this one: 

11/13 on line due 11/14
paid household
paid orchard

HSBC's terms of online payment doesn't have it post for 2 days (I fortunately read the thing when I set it up or would have messed myself up because everyone else will post same day if paid by the cutoff time).

The only thing I can think of is a GW - mentioning the 'delay' which they do tell you about but which is unusual compared to everyone else.

It's one of the reasons (along with the low limits  and their way of reporting) that I really don't like my HSBC cards.  They are getting closer and closer to getting dumped even without a replacement.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.