cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"CREDIT BUREAU OF DELMARVA" why can they pull / open your credit without asking?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

"CREDIT BUREAU OF DELMARVA" why can they pull / open your credit without asking?

Who is... "CREDIT BUREAU OF DELMARVA"  When you are told there only three companies giving you info. So why and who are "CREDIT BUREAU OF DELMARVA" and how come they can just open/pull your credit? And how come there not added as a company keeping your credit with all the others. Not happy with this to why there now a 4th company not bought to my awearness until they open/pull my credit with out me being asked or told before this happens. So if there no good ans. we need to bring news to all as well to our groverment local as well as federal to find out what going on.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: "CREDIT BUREAU OF DELMARVA" why can they pull / open your credit without asking?

Mark:

First of all, was this a hard or soft inquiry?

How did you know they pulled your report? I get lots of Promotional inquiries....Have you applied for credit? Getting a mortgage? Anything?

A few more details and we might be able to help. In the meantime, a quick Google search produced this phone number:

(410) 742-9551

and this address:

Credit Bureau of Delmarva
530 Riverside Dr Suite 1
Salisbury, MD 21801

Also, a search of the board would have told you that they are a collection agency..

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=generalcredit&thread.id=34606

Search and then post if you can't find anything. anyone can call themselves a "credit Bureau" but there are 3 major CRAs (Credit reporting agencies).

Kevin
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: "CREDIT BUREAU OF DELMARVA" why can they pull / open your credit without asking?

This is the same company that pulled our credit when we did a re-fy which is fine but they pulled it at the beginning of August and then again towards the end right before we were ready to close.  Is this normal to pull again right before closing?  Will the two inquiry's in one month hurt my score?
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

First Kiven thank you for your response.

I not sure what you mean by hard or soft inquiry? And yes we always getting a mortgage as we own 25 properties and always buying new one.  But if this company is not knowen to our lenders or my loan originator / loan broker. This loan we are getting with Aurora Loan Services / "A Lehman Brothers Company". But we have three other loans from them without ever having this compnay making a inquiry. Plus even if there are more than the there companys... we should be told to pay addention too them as we do with the others. Most of all why is there a fourth credit bureau we are not told about? And why are thay not listed with the other's so we can see what personal info. they are collecting and who they are sharing this infomation with. Because I see this as my info. and have a right to know who,why and what for they are making a inquiry about.
Here the kicker... my partner had this same company do the same thing to him (with again no real why) then 4 days later pull his credit score down over 40 points. (wiit again no REAL reason just genral statements)
Now I waiting to see what they wil do to my credit. Note both of us have no payment problems of any kind period. in fact most always are payments are made well in advance of due dates.

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

markdfoley wrote:
First Kiven thank you for your response.
 Most of all why is there a fourth credit bureau we are not told about? 

Again, it is NOT a 4th credit bureau, it's a collection agency. Send a dv letter and refer to the inquiry and ask what permissiable purpose for their inquiry.

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought they were an agency that did rapid rescoring.  They do reports for mortgage companies, but get the scores from the major three.  There is a collection agency in our area too, but it is called Delmarva Collections.
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, you are right, I stand corrected. They compile "mortgage enhanced" scores for mortgage companies

"This is a company that mortgage companies use to pull credit reports"
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope this helps because Experian just informed me that these two companies inquired about me.

It seems to be that CBD (Credit Bureau of Delmarva) and CREDIT PLUS INC are all one in the same company. They both have the same phone number. CBD does NOT have their own web site.

CBD (Credit Bureau of Delmarva)
530 RIVERSIDE DRIVE SUITE 1
SALISBURY, MD 21801
410-742-9551          

CREDIT PLUS INC
(Corporate Headquarters)
31550 WINTERPLACE PARKWAY
SALISBURY, MD 21804
410-742-9551

CREDIT PLUS INC (EZdesk.com Member - 1-630-214-4645)
530 RIVERSIDE DRIVE
SALISBURY, MD 21801
410-742-9551
800-258-3488
800-258-3287 (fax)
http://www.creditplus.com

Message 8 of 15
chasmith
Valued Contributor

It's normal for your report to be pulled for a mortgage once to get approved and then just before closing to see if there were negative changes.

BK7 Filed 8/11/2009 Discharged 11/23/2009. Purchased new home 4/11/2012
Starting Score:11/16/2009 EQ 566 11/16/2009 TU 538
Interim Score: 12/27/2012 EQ 683 09/17/2012 EX (lender) 670 1/01/2013 TU 701
Current Score: 11/06/2013 EQ 708 11/06/2013 EX 702 11/16/2013 702 11/06/2013 TU 729
Goal Score: EQ 740 EX 740 TU 740
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

This company appears to have done a 'soft inquiry' (even though I'm not entirely sure what that is) and I have not applied for credit in the last several months.  The only thing I can think of is that Wells Fargo just bought our mortage, soon to be transfered to them next month.  Could this be the source of the pull?  I've recently gone through credit repair and my score is just now starting to look good, I really don't need more than the necessary inquiries.  Should I contact them and ask what they are doing looking at my information?

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.