Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Catch up" charge off or pay?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Catch up" charge off or pay?

I have 2 accounts that have just been charged off. I had been disputing them with the CRAs for months in 2006, but it never worked. I pretty much ignored it after a few months b/c I was so frustrated and didn't anticipate needing any new credit until I had more time to deal with it. Of course, now we have to move and I'm shopping for a new mortgage and this comes up again. After reading this forum, I called the OC who refered me to 2 CAs and I asked for PFD. One, LTD, was so rude that I am reporting them to the FTC separately. The other, NCO, acted like they don't know what I'm talking about and said 'of course we'll update the file after you pay." I'm not falling for that of course and am now mailing letters requesting PFD then DV. The accounts are incorrect and neither the OC or CA could fax me any statements or receipts. My dilemma is I'd planned on applying for a mortgage in the next 2 weeks and this could take months. Will paying the past due amount on the credit report catch it up enough to make the score go up or down because of more recent dates? These CA are not showing on the report, so will requesting dv just make them hurry up and add a collection to decrease score even further? I am able to pay the accounts in full, but shouldn't have to because the charges are not accurate...however this didn't matter to the bureaus last year, so I'm not hopeful it will now. My concern is increasing score to a 620 as quickly as possible. Here are details...

THD/CBSD Account Number: .... DateOpened: 03/2005 Status: Account charged off/Past due 150 days. May 2007

THD/CBSD Account Number: .... DateOpened: 03/2005 Status: Account charged off/Past due 90 days Nov. 2006

EQ FICO 504 Citi monitoring EQ 526 EX 521 TU 520

Thanks to everyone who has contributed the wealth of info here. I wish I had found it sooner.

Message Edited by ashken on 08-16-2007 01:19 PM
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.