cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Confused"

tag
ASAP2

"Confused"

Hello all. I just have a general question or should I say statement. I have scorewatch for equifax and quarterly for Transunion here on MYFICO, but I also have scorewatch through the equifax website. I don't know why, but equifax sends alerts of everything (like the next day) and the notification from equifax(myfico) comes in like 2 days later. I had a mortgage company pull my credit yesterday , and the Transunion score reported by Myfico was off by like -86 points. Nothing has been added or deleted except for the inquiry from the mortgage company......Any ideas of why theres such a huge difference between the two? BTW, should I be subscribed to both MYFICO and EQUIFAX scorewatch? Thanks soooo much.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ASAP2

Re: "Confused"

Anyone?

Message 2 of 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: "Confused"

Both ScoreWatch products are the exact same product (other than cosmetic differences). The alerts for myFICO's SW originates from EQ and the alerts should come at the same time. IMO, it isn't necessary to carry both products. If you only find yourself pulling monthly or later, SW works well for that. If you have a lot happening on EQ, then I'd suggest subscribing to a credit monitoring service. Ignore their scores since they aren't FICOs, but as changes occur to your EQ report, come back here and pull a new report to see that score change. You get 30% off all future EQ FICO reports with myFICO's SW.

86 points is quite a bit. Most lenders now use a new version of TU FICO called TU04. While differences in score are normal, 86 pts seems too high between the TU version here and TU04 if your lender used that. You may want to confirm their version (it's on your lender's report) and rule out any other differences like changes in balances, changes in accounts, etc. Scores can easily change daily.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.