Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Credit Journey" by Chase?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Credit Journey" by Chase?

I'm not sure if this is a new product/service, but it's the first time I've seen it pop up on my account.  I've only been a Chase cardholder for about a month and never saw the link to "Credit Journey" until today on my account.  Anyway, it's your typical run of the mill VS 3.0 score based on TU data, just like Credit Karma, Credit Sesame, Capital One etc. provide.  I was just wondering if this has been around for a long time and I'm just seeing it finally or if it's a new addition to Chase accounts as of now?

11 REPLIES 11
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: "Credit Journey" by Chase?

a few months

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gotcha.  I guess they just take a few weeks or a month before they add it to new accounts.  I find these services sort of useless; I was just curious about it.

I'm surprised that Chase being the monster bank they are doesn't provide an actual FICO score.  Or, maybe some accounts do?  Again, I'm very new to Chase and know very little about them.

Message 3 of 12
AllCredit
Frequent Contributor

i signed up for it right after gettingmy card in March, then had my mother sign up for it (at the time not a Chase CC holder) when she logged in she had pre-approval offers in there...so I like to check every now again...

Message 4 of 12
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Slate provides a FICO score... Experian 8, I think...

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tcbofade wrote:

Does anyone know if any of the other Chase cards provide this score or a different score version and if so, what? 

Message 6 of 12
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@tcbofade wrote:

Does anyone know if any of the other Chase cards provide this score or a different score version and if so, what? 

I wish and they don't... when they first added that I think they thought it might help drive more Slate acquisitions (was a lot of marketing around it) as it's a pretty unappealing card unless you need a one time BT as I understand it, and even then limit extensions were always suspect on that card.  Now virtually everyone who pulls FICO scores gives them away under FICO Open Access.  Is possible that Chase no longer pulls FICO scores for their account reviews too, and the Slate scores are just an artifact.

Admittedly Amex offers the same score on all their cards so it's not a huge deal in my opinion, and Experian gives it away for free once a month via their own website or Discover's so it's not like we're missing anything for EX FICO 8 anyway.

Personally I pointedly ignore Chase Credit Journey: if they want my TU dataset, they can bloody well pay to pull it... no interest in giving it to them for free when I can get the same service and score from a bunch of providers.  I'm an unabashed fan of CK though, if that weren't there I'd probably be more intrigued and less obstinate on this issue haha.

        
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hear you.  I guess if Chase values their internal scoring model more than anything else, it would make sense to not bother with pulls for FICO scoring as it would just be an unnecessary expense... unless they somehow felt that providing it to customers would bring them more customers.  Not likely though.  I'm pretty tired of the same old TU VS 3.0 provided reports though; I'd rather have nothing at all at this point.  Like you, the only one I really look at is the one from CK, but that's because it actually includes individual account info unlike all the other sources (except maybe WH) which seem to just give you a bunch of fluff charts, graphs, simulators and unnecessary garbage.

Message 8 of 12
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I hear you.  I guess if Chase values their internal scoring model more than anything else, it would make sense to not bother with pulls for FICO scoring as it would just be an unnecessary expense... unless they somehow felt that providing it to customers would bring them more customers.  Not likely though.  I'm pretty tired of the same old TU VS 3.0 provided reports though; I'd rather have nothing at all at this point.  Like you, the only one I really look at is the one from CK, but that's because it actually includes individual account info unlike all the other sources (except maybe WH) which seem to just give you a bunch of fluff charts, graphs, simulators and unnecessary garbage.

There may be more value once VS 4.0 goes on sale and some of the free score providers switch to it.  I don't know what the backend relationship is between say TU and all the people that offer VS 3 today... if it's free they can just switch em all, or if there is a pay service they may offer a discount to switch.

Not sure what'll happen but yeah I have a plethora of VS 3 providers, and other than CK and credit.com (Experian) I don't really look at them.  Alliant too but that's because they show VS 3 reason codes which I can't find provided anywhere else.

        
Message 9 of 12
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

There may be more value once VS 4.0 goes on sale and some of the free score providers switch to it.  I don't know what the backend relationship is between say TU and all the people that offer VS 3 today... if it's free they can just switch em all, or if there is a pay service they may offer a discount to switch.

Not sure what'll happen but yeah I have a plethora of VS 3 providers, and other than CK and credit.com (Experian) I don't really look at them.  Alliant too but that's because they show VS 3 reason codes which I can't find provided anywhere else.

Wish CK offered VS3 reason codes. Only time I got some (both positive and negative) was direct from TU on a 3B report that was part of a trial monitoring service.

Revelate, let us know when you hear of a service offering VS4. I know TU is the primary backer of VS. Wonder if they offer VS4 direct? - I have not checked.

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.