Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"High Risk Fraud Alert"....Huh??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

"High Risk Fraud Alert"....Huh??

We're working with a mortgage broker, who sent me a copy of the tri-merged credit report.

Beneath the derogatory summary and before the list of creditor contact info, is a section that says "high risk fraud alert". It has my name and beneath it, "available and clear".

What does that mean? It doesn't show up on the consumer versions I've bought. Are they saying I'm personally a high fraud risk? and if so, on what basis? The broker didn't mention it as an issue, but I'd like to know what that's all about!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: "High Risk Fraud Alert"....Huh??

Have you disputed anything on your reports?
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I presently have something disputed with one CRA. Aside from that, I've disputed a number of inaccurate items over the past year or so that have been corrected or removed.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you dispute any of them as "not mine"?
Message 4 of 7
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

We're working with a mortgage broker, who sent me a copy of the tri-merged credit report.

Beneath the derogatory summary and before the list of creditor contact info, is a section that says "high risk fraud alert". It has my name and beneath it, "available and clear".

What does that mean? It doesn't show up on the consumer versions I've bought. Are they saying I'm personally a high fraud risk? and if so, on what basis? The broker didn't mention it as an issue, but I'd like to know what that's all about!

I don't think it means that you personally are apt to commit fraud, but perhaps there was an account on your record that was deemed to be fraudulent.

What is the company that provided the trimerged report?  Maybe you could contact them and find out what this means.

Message 5 of 7
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Not mine or unauthorized charge would get ya a 90 day initial fraud alert. I would check into this myself as this does seem a little out of the ordinary.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmm... maybe that's it. It's hard to remember back now, but I might have said "I have no idea who this is" with regard to an old line. The reports purchased online are so much harder to read than the printed ones, as a lot of the information is left out. (I'm told that's for my privacy?)
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.