Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Included in BK" reporting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Included in BK" reporting

Looking for some guidance on a BK issue.

I filed BK7 in Dec 2005 and was discharged in Apr 2006.  In the BK, I included a 1st and 2nd home mortgage which were paid in full 1 month after filing (Jan 06).  In the 7 years I had these mortgages, I had one 30-day late on the 2nd mortgage (Jan 2004) and one 30-day late on the 1st mortgage (Dec 05 when I was starting the BK).  My questions:

1.  After discharge and wanting to begin re-establish my credit, I wrote both mortgage companies (CMRRR) asking if they could overturn their reporting to the CRA's from "Included in BK" to "Paid in Full".  They received their money in full after I sold the house and am hoping to get some positive reporting from them.  Can an "Included in BK" be overturned once it is entered into record? 

2.  The response I received from both companies was that they acknowledge the accounts being paid in full, but could not change the CRA reporting because I "included in the bankruptcy".  Is there any letter I can use that might work?

Thank you for all the credit wisdom placed in these forums!

Mike
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.