Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

" NUMBER OF ACCOUNTS WITH DELINQUENCY" Help please

tag
boober
Frequent Contributor

" NUMBER OF ACCOUNTS WITH DELINQUENCY" Help please

So on my credit reports, I always get that message. I understand why it's there. I got mine because I was 30 and 60 days late about 8 times total on a mortgage for my primary home, and on my rental during the last 7 years.

Now 6 of em will be off my report by the end of this year. Due to it being more than 7 years having passed on those.

I'll still have 2 showing up. Both of those are from around January 2011. So I still have a ways to go till all of my lates are gone.

I've had credit for the last 25 years or so. And with those 2 still on there, I'll have had who knows how many hundreds, probably well over a 1000 on time payments over my life, vs just 2 late payments. So my on time percentage is something like %99.9999998.

So my question basically is... When will I stop having that damn message of "NUMBER OF ACCOUNTS WITH DELINQUENCY" on my credit reports.?Smiley Surprised

Does it take just 1 30 days late instance for it to show up? Anyone know the magic reason why that message shows up on credit reports?

Many thanks in advance! Smiley Happy

5 REPLIES 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: " NUMBER OF ACCOUNTS WITH DELINQUENCY" Help please

These are things I always wondered, but thought it would be too hard to figure out.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@boober wrote:

So on my credit reports, I always get that message. I understand why it's there. I got mine because I was 30 and 60 days late about 8 times total on a mortgage for my primary home, and on my rental during the last 7 years.

Now 6 of em will be off my report by the end of this year. Due to it being more than 7 years having passed on those.

I'll still have 2 showing up. Both of those are from around January 2011. So I still have a ways to go till all of my lates are gone.

So my question basically is... When will I stop having that damn message of "NUMBER OF ACCOUNTS WITH DELINQUENCY" on my credit reports.?Smiley Surprised

Does it take just 1 30 days late instance for it to show up? Anyone know the magic reason why those show up on credit reports?

You seem to have a good idea of how it works. Negative credit factors are removed from your report after 7 years, so the last 2 from 2011 should fall off in 2018.

And regarding what it takes for them to show up in the first place, it varies a bit by lender. Some will report you delinquent after 30 days; most will report you delinquent after 60 days or more. Of course, the way to prevent delinquency is to pay on time or set up autopay so you don't forget.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@boober wrote:

Does it take just 1 30 days late instance for it to show up? Anyone know the magic reason why those show up on credit reports?

Generally, any negative item, such as a late, has a big effect on your credit score. I would expect that message to stay there so long as you have a single delinquency. 

Message 4 of 6
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@boober wrote:

When will I stop having that damn message of "NUMBER OF ACCOUNTS WITH DELINQUENCY" on my credit reports.? 

Such messages are always with respect to your credit profile.  We can't give you the answer.  Your profile may be such that any account with delinquency is too much.  Another person may have a stronger profile where a small number of such accounts are less of a concern.

Derogs generally have a signficant impact as long as they are on your reports.  Keep in mind that Payment History is the biggest factor with FICO scoring and that derogs can kill Payment History.

http://www.myfico.com/crediteducation/whatsinyourscore.aspx

You want to aim for 100% postiive Payment History with no derogs.  It's not just FICO scoring but also that creditors see derogs as red flags.  Do whatever it takes to avoid dergos in future.  Make sure you're budgeting and sticking to it, not spending what you don't have so your debt doesn't get out of control.  Use automatic payments to ensure that all your payments are on time and covering at least the minimums if that would be of benefit to you.  Set reminders or do anything else that would help you to avoid issues in future.

@boober wrote:

Anyone know the magic reason why those show up on credit reports? 

There's no magic or great secret to it.  It should be obvious why derogs have significant impact and why creditors see them as red flags.

Who would you be more likely to lend your money to?  A person with a track record of not paying and/or paying late or the person who always pays on time with no issues?

@boober wrote:

Don't just wait for them to fall off.  Hit the Rebuilding subforum.  See if those creditors will grant you goodwill removal.  They may not as they're under no obligation to remove accruate information but it's worth checking into.

Message 5 of 6
righthererightnow
Frequent Contributor

Thank you for asking this question. (!!)

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.