Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Other" FICO Scores not updating...WHY?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Other" FICO Scores not updating...WHY?

Hey all...

I am on a crusade to get my mortgage-related FICO scores up.  When I signed up for myFICO 3B (signed up on 12/6/2016) the mortgage FICOs reported here were spot on with what my mortgage lender reported to me.  My middle score (Experian) was a 647 which qualified me for a certain tier of loans and according to the lender, getting that middle score up to a 680 would take me to a next level of "better loan" options.  

Yesterday I got quite a few alerts that my credit score had increased because two of the major credit card payments that I made in November finally posted.  I also have the Experian service which monitors and reports FICO 8s and Credit Karma and Credit Sesame that reports other scores.  After all the dust had settled yesterday/this morning I logged on to myFICO and saw that all of my FICO 8s have increased as of 12/15/16 but none of the "other" FICOs have updated since 12/6/16.  Additionally my Experian FICO 8 on the Experian site is 721 but on myFICO is 718.  The Experian site has a "package" that I could purchase to see my Experian FICO 2 (mortgage)...out of curiosity and because it was only $5 I bit the bullet to see what my updated Experian FICO 2 is and it has changed to 678.  Two freaking points from my oasis (assuming the orther credit bureau increases were similar)...arggghhh.  Anyway...here are my questions...since I'm paying for this 3B service monthly, shouldn't ALL my FICO versions be updating each time my FICO 8 changes?  Is there a way to "refresh"  or trigger the update to the other FICO version scores?  Any idea why my Experian FICO 8 is different on the Experian site versus the myFICO site?  Any idea how I can gain 2 points on my credit report in 72 hours or less?  I noticed that when I was looking for a car loan back in September one of the dealers was responsible for 9 inquiries made on my credit report...did each of those knock a point or two off my score?  Will the mortgage lender take that into consideration and change the 678 to a 680?

Any feed back is welcomed!

ChrisMack2 

5 REPLIES 5
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: "Other" FICO Scores not updating...WHY?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey all...

I am on a crusade to get my mortgage-related FICO scores up.  When I signed up for myFICO 3B (signed up on 12/6/2016) the mortgage FICOs reported here were spot on with what my mortgage lender reported to me.  My middle score (Experian) was a 647 which qualified me for a certain tier of loans and according to the lender, getting that middle score up to a 680 would take me to a next level of "better loan" options.  

Yesterday I got quite a few alerts that my credit score had increased because two of the major credit card payments that I made in November finally posted.  I also have the Experian service which monitors and reports FICO 8s and Credit Karma and Credit Sesame that reports other scores.  After all the dust had settled yesterday/this morning I logged on to myFICO and saw that all of my FICO 8s have increased as of 12/15/16 but none of the "other" FICOs have updated since 12/6/16.  Additionally my Experian FICO 8 on the Experian site is 721 but on myFICO is 718.  The Experian site has a "package" that I could purchase to see my Experian FICO 2 (mortgage)...out of curiosity and because it was only $5 I bit the bullet to see what my updated Experian FICO 2 is and it has changed to 678.  Two freaking points from my oasis (assuming the orther credit bureau increases were similar)...arggghhh.  Anyway...here are my questions...since I'm paying for this 3B service monthly, shouldn't ALL my FICO versions be updating each time my FICO 8 changes?  Is there a way to "refresh"  or trigger the update to the other FICO version scores?  Any idea why my Experian FICO 8 is different on the Experian site versus the myFICO site?  Any idea how I can gain 2 points on my credit report in 72 hours or less?  I noticed that when I was looking for a car loan back in September one of the dealers was responsible for 9 inquiries made on my credit report...did each of those knock a point or two off my score?  Will the mortgage lender take that into consideration and change the 678 to a 680?

ChrisMack2 

The alerts and regular updates apply only to FICO 8. The other models are updated only when you generate a new 3B report.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey all...

ChrisMack2 

The alerts and regular updates apply only to FICO 8. The other models are updated only when you generate a new 3B report.

What does "generate a new 3B report" mean?  Pay for the service again?  Wait until the next quarter for it to completely update?  Would I have to cancel the service and initiate it again to get the most recent scores?

ChrisMack2

Message 3 of 6
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey all...

ChrisMack2 

What does "generate a new 3B report" mean?  Pay for the service again?  Wait until the next quarter for it to completely update?  Would I have to cancel the service and initiate it again to get the most recent scores?

ChrisMack2

It depends which service you're subscribing to. If it's the Ultimate 3B for 29.95 mo., you get one free 3B report each quarter. If it's the Premier 3B for 39.95 mo., you get one free 3B report each month.

If you want to get one other than that, you have to pay for it, something like $45 a pop.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I'm understanding this...the FICO 8 I see is only updated quarterly...but what about changes during that quarter - would a lender see a different score if there is an update?  

Message 5 of 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

If I'm understanding this...the FICO 8 I see is only updated quarterly...but what about changes during that quarter - would a lender see a different score if there is an update?  

The FICO 8 scores should update whenever a trigger prompts one (balance change is the most common example).

It's the other scores which only update when you pull a new report; lenders when they pull will get the most up to date information from the bureaus so they will see any changes that have happened.

You mentioned in your other post that your credit card balances were all paid off?  Spend some money and let one of them report a small amount, that should definitely trigger an Equifax update and likely TU and probably EX too though those two services don't quite have the same resolution that EQ does for myFICO monitoring.

        
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.