Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"The Desk Of Dean Hamilton"

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

"The Desk Of Dean Hamilton"

SO the other day someone calls my landlord and leaves a message for me to call him back. Has not tried to contact me at all just went directly to my landlord. How they got the address is off my credit report and I live in an RV park so it wasn't hard to find my landlord.

I call the number from a payphone off the property and the office was closed. I got a voice mail saying that I had reached the desk of dean hamilton please leave a message.

This is obviously a collector right? Not know what it is I will not speak on the phone.

Couldn't he have sent me something in the mail instead of going righ to my landlord?

Anyone have any info on this Dean Hamilton guy?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: "The Desk Of Dean Hamilton"

Google him and the phone number.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 849
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Already did that. No luck Woman Sad
Message 3 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

What state are you in?  There is a Dean Hamilton, Collection Attorney in Centrailia, WA.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I live in washington. How did you find that? I have looked and looked and looked.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info. I was able to find out all kinds of info about him. He was suspended for misconduct in 2001.

How worried should I be that he is contacting me? I know better than to talk to him on the phone but I emailed him and asked him why he is contacting me.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

as a matter of fact, you should have waited 5 days from his first call.

within 5 days of making initial contact a CA must send you a dunning letter. if they don't they are in violation of FDCPA - in WA, if a violation of FDCPA stands up in court, the collector is disqulified for two years by the WA DOL.

also, instead of an email, you should have sent him a proper DV letter CMRRR, this is for your own protection.

reacting in haste and not following the proper processes undermines your case and in some cases weakens or waives your rights.

when in doubt, read the sticky threads, take a breath, ask questions. then based on recommendation, take the course of action you prefer, but being informed and understanding the consequences.

in any case, a quick search for dean hamilton on the WA Business license search returns a Dean Hamilton in Centralia who serves processes, it means serves papers for court cases. There is also a Dean Hamilton doing business as a lawyer in Lake City Way in Seattle, + other 14 businesses associated with some Dean Hamilton, including real estate and others.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.