Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"myFico Bill me later.."

tag
IsleSeat
Contributor

"myFico Bill me later.."

wonderful. clicked it and score dropped 7 points due to an inquiry. I honestly believe that a company such as this very one we are blogging should make the Fico score addicted aware that this will cause a hard inquiry. If it weren't for this board, I would have canceled score watch in a heart beat, since none of the changes ever cause an alert as the program promises.
TU and EX = 820 EQ = 821
I came straight out of Hell
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: "myFico Bill me later.."

IsleSeat wrote:
since none of the changes ever cause an alert as the program promises.

Have you checket your alert settings?
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 19
IsleSeat
Contributor

yes, I have them set very sensitive. See other thread below. I just have had enough of SW
TU and EX = 820 EQ = 821
I came straight out of Hell
Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applying for Bill Me Later is no different than applying for credit with any other company.  They are going to check your credit, whether you are using Bill Me Later at Myfico or Overstock.   Honestly has anyone ever given you a new line of credit without doing a hard inquiry? 

Here's the information as found on this site.  It seems pretty clear to me.

What does Subject to Credit Approval mean?
Bill Me Later® is a credit account that you can use to make purchases. CIT Bank will review and consider your credit report and other credit related information prior to approval. Creditworthiness is determined by CIT Bank.

Do you review my credit report every time I make a purchase?
CIT Bank does not review your credit report for each transaction. However, your credit report may be reviewed for some transactions and periodically to provide you with the maximum buying power possible.

Message 4 of 19
fused
Moderator Emeritus

princessofpink wrote:
Applying for Bill Me Later is no different than applying for credit with any other company.  They are going to check your credit, whether you are using Bill Me Later at Myfico or Overstock.   Honestly has anyone ever given you a new line of credit without doing a hard inquiry? 

Here's the information as found on this site.  It seems pretty clear to me.

What does Subject to Credit Approval mean?
Bill Me Later® is a credit account that you can use to make purchases. CIT Bank will review and consider your credit report and other credit related information prior to approval. Creditworthiness is determined by CIT Bank.

Do you review my credit report every time I make a purchase?
CIT Bank does not review your credit report for each transaction. However, your credit report may be reviewed for some transactions and periodically to provide you with the maximum buying power possible.

So this begs the BIG question, which CRA is pulled? With CITI my guess is EQ. Barry, Tuscani or TNWM?
Message 5 of 19
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

So this begs the BIG question, which CRA is pulled? With CITI my guess is EQ. Barry, Tuscani or TNWM?

You're correct, fused.  They pull Equifax.
Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see Barry verified that Bill Me Later is pulling EQ.  I wanted to point out however that it is not CITI.  It is CIT.   Believe it or not, two different companies.

Message 7 of 19
fused
Moderator Emeritus

princessofpink wrote:
I see Barry verified that Bill Me Later is pulling EQ.  I wanted to point out however that it is not CITI.  It is CIT.   Believe it or not, two different companies.

TY Princessofpink! Barry since this is not CITI, are you still certain CIT Bank will pull EQ?
Message 8 of 19
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

fused111 wrote:

princessofpink wrote:

TY Princessofpink! Barry since this is not CITI, are you still certain CIT Bank will pull EQ?

Sorry I didn't catch that.  Yes CIT pulls EQ for BML.
Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

IsleSeat wrote:
If it weren't for this board, I would have canceled score watch in a heart beat, since none of the changes ever cause an alert as the program promises.

You don't have to subscribe to the myfico service to be able to post on this board.
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.