cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

raise credit score with open multi credit cards or increase amount ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

raise credit score with open multi credit cards or increase amount ?

my score it was 485, no revolving account/ no instalment loan account either ,as soon as open first wellsfagro secure credit card , my score jump to the 545 in the experian.equfax jump to 585, now my question is :

in order to increase my credit score, i need to open more revolving account like 3, or 4 more?

or should i increase the amount on 1 credit card?

Thanks for advice.

experian: 545   equifax  : 585     transunion : 587

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Pway
Valued Contributor

Re: raise credit score with open multi credit cards or increase amount ?

Yes for maximum scoring 3 trade lines should be open.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Be careful what you go after.  You don't want to wreck it with something like Credit One or First Premier.  I don't think you have the profile for any Synchrony store cards just yet, but I rebuilt (am rebuilding) with Chase Freedom, Walmart and Care Credit (those last two are synchrony properties).  Use the secured card wisely, pay it off every month, and then see about getting something in 6 months to a year when the scores will more than likely increase. 

Message 3 of 4
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

First off, what is your credit like in order for your scores to be so low?  If you have dergos then hit the Rebuilding subforum and see what you can do to address them first as they will hold you back no matter how many cards you open -- if you can open any at all without going secured.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.