Did you mean: 

raising credit score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: raising credit score

@Anonymous wrote:
What is a GW letter??

GW = Good Will. Basically you are asking a creditor to delete a late or a baddie from your CR because you are a good customer. here are some sample letters:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=generalcredit&message.id=2661
Message 11 of 14
tucsunaz520

Hello fellow AZ,

Your Credit Score should improve after the $15K to your credit debt.

I recently just paid off my credit cards about two months ago and about a month later my score jumped up 33 pts. That was Equifax. I haven't gotten a score on the other two yet.

In my opinion, this should help greatly. Another important aspect is to maintain a low balance from here on out ... and try to payoff balances each month.

Good luck!

AM

EQ: 737

Starting Score (Mar 2006): 613
Current Score (Nov 2011): 762
Goal Score: 800+

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for all your help. I will update in 2 weeks about my score and I am going to write the GW letter to my mortgage company to see if they will take off the late pays I had over the holidays. Any suggestions on an inexpensive monitoring service for my credit score? I am so glad I found this forum and all the suggestions on improving my score.

Smiley Happy
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome my fellow AZ'ers

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.