Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

random question--

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

random question--

This is probably a very very stupid question. But ive recently been attempting to rebuild my credit. Anyway, I opened accounts with Creditone, OpenSky, and fingerhut in June, July and August respectively. Recently, I have been receiving very weird phone calls with numbers that you are unable to call back on. And I pick up and its just an automated message about reducing my APR without any info as to who this creditor is. 

"this is about your account. there is no issue. We want to talk to you about reducing your apr." 

No company name, nothing and an attempt to collect personal info. Now I know fingerhut says that they will sell some of your info, but my cell phone number?! 

Anyone else have these experiences?

Maybe i'm just being paranoid but this freaks me out. 

Not sure where to post this question...

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: random question--

Its a phishing expedition just ignore the calls

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got the same call today. Just block the number. It came from Calif, not sure where yours was from.   

Message 3 of 4
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

No company name, nothing and an attempt to collect personal info. Now I know fingerhut says that they will sell some of your info, but my cell phone number?! 

Can't speak to Fingerhut specifically but you can't assume that your cell phone number won't be provided to others.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.