cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

re-inserting an account after deletion? can it be done?

tag
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

re-inserting an account after deletion? can it be done?

how common is it for an account to be deleted (due to dispute) and then have it re-inserted? is that possible? what steps do you need to take?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: re-inserting an account after deletion? can it be done?

CreditDrama85 wrote:
how common is it for an account to be deleted (due to dispute) and then have it re-inserted? is that possible? what steps do you need to take?

It can be done. Is it common, I don't know.

All you can do is keep copies of everything so that if it does happen, you can get it taken back off.

They must notify you within 5 days of re-insertion(I hear they never do) and the furnisher(CA/OC reporting) must certify it is correct.

§ 611

http://www.ftc.gov/os/statutes/031224fcra.pdf

Message 2 of 5
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

thanks so much for that info sidewinder, you are awesome! Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Letter to send to CRA for re-insertion

I am requesting that you investigate the items listed below.

Name of account, account number XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. This item has not been reported properly. After looking at past and present credit reports it has come to my attention that you have allowed this item to be reinserted into my credit file after it had been deleted. Based on the credit report dates the period during which this reinsertion took place was between XX/XX/XX and XX/XX/XX.

Pursuant to the FCRA, I'd like to be provided with copies of the certification required for reinsertion for this account.

Under the FCRA Section 611(a)(5)((ii) ". . . . reinserted in the file, the consumer reporting agency shall notify the consumer of the reinsertion in writing not later than
5 business days after the reinsertion or, if authorized by the consumer for that purpose, by any other means available to the agency.
(iii) Additional information. As part of, or in addition to, the notice under clause (ii), a consumer reporting agency shall provide to a consumer in writing not later than 5 business days after the date of the reinsertion
(I) a statement that the disputed information has been reinserted;
(II) the business name and address of any furnisher of information contacted and the telephone number of such furnisher, if reasonably available, or of any furnisher of information that contacted the consumer reporting agency, in connection with the reinsertion of such information; . . . ."

I was not so notified. I am disputing this item. I will allow you 15 days to furnish this information, however if you do not provide the information requested, you must delete this account as required by the FCRA. Please send me a copy of my updated credit report after you have completed this request.

Thank you for your time and effort.
Message 4 of 5
rbrown973
Regular Contributor

What if an account was reinserted after it was deleted and sold. Do they still suppose to notify you within 5days b4 reinserting?
The Grass Is always Greener On The Other Side
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.