Frequent Contributor
sunnyday

re-open chase

Has anybody tried to re-open an old account with chase?  If so, what were the results?  I had a card with them that I had with perfect payment history, and was stupid  enough to close it, because the interest rate was higher than I had wanted.  Of course that was before I knew that you needed to leave cards open to increase your credit score!!!!!  Anyway, just wanted to know if it's easier to re-open an old account, since you have payment history with them, rather than try for other cards, that you have never had?
Established Contributor
Revike

Re: re-open chase

sunnyday wrote:
Has anybody tried to re-open an old account with chase? If so, what were the results? I had a card with them that I had with perfect payment history, and was stupid enough to close it, because the interest rate was higher than I had wanted. Of course that was before I knew that you needed to leave cards open to increase your credit score!!!!! Anyway, just wanted to know if it's easier to re-open an old account, since you have payment history with them, rather than try for other cards, that you have never had?

Every CCC has their own policy, but a major factor usually is time. If it's only been a month since you closed the account, you have a much better chance than if it's been a year. All you can do is call and ask.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+