Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

read my letter.....gimme sum feedback

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

read my letter.....gimme sum feedback

I am writing to you today regarding my Perkins Loan recently consolidated with Nelnet in May 2007.  Please be aware that XXXXXXXXXXXXXX is reporting inaccurate information to Experian credit bureau, in violation of the FCRA. This violation carries a fine of $1,000 per violation.

Additionally, XXXXXXXXXXXXX refuses to comply with my request to obtain a payment in full letter, supportive documentation, invoicing and fees associated with the Perkins consolidation.

In the process of consolidation, XXXXXXXXXXXXXX overcharged the amount of the consolidation by $2411.42. 

Issue 1

Perkins Loan in the amount of $5450.  Consolidated in May 2007.

Reporting on my credit report as of July 13, 2007, $6396.  This loan was consolidated with Nelnet, in May 2007.  This item is being reported inaccurately and in violation of the FCRA.  This violation carries a fine of $1,000 per violation.

Issue 2

Perkins Loan in the amount of $6396.  Reported to Experian as of July 13, 2007. 

Failure to respond to my repeated requests for Johnson and Wales University to provide me with the PAID IN FULL letter and promissory note verbally agreed upon.  Furthermore an itemized statement detailing all fee’s and interest associated with this loan.

Issue 3

Perkins Loan AFTER consolidation, amount being incorrectly reported to Experian, as of July 13, 2007.  Violation $1,000

April 2007, Nelnet consolidation loans are $24,593.93

May 2007, Nelent AFTER consolidating loans $ 33, 401.35

Issue 4

After consolidation amount of $ 8807.42 is incorrect.             Violation $1,000

Perkins Loan LAST reported as $6396.  Perkins Loan CURRENTLY reported as $6396.  This is the amount to be consolidated.  Violation $1,000

The difference between BEFORE consolidation and AFTER consolidation $2411.42

Overpayment was made to this consolidation loan.   Please refund, $2411.42

I would also like to request, in writing, that no telephone contact be made by your offices to my home or to my place of employment. If your offices attempt telephone communication with me, including but not limited to computer generated calls and calls or correspondence sent to or with any third parties, it will be considered harassment and I will have no choice but to file suit. All future communications with me MUST be done in writing and sent to the address noted in this letter by USPS.

I will seek legal action under § FCRA 623 (b) for violations of the FCRA if you do not comply and respond to me with the results of the investigation in 30 days.

In order to clear up this matter,

·         I would like a copy, of the payment history from Johnson and Wales, showing me when I was late on what dates, associated fees and interest, related to the Perkins Loan.

·         Incorrect information being deleted from my credit report.  If you don't respond with the results of the investigation (as is required per the FCRA), I will assume you have no documentation and therefore you were negligent in providing the credit bureau with accurate information. At this point, you would also be in violation of the FCRA merely for not responding within the 30-day period and not reporting fair and accurate information.

·         I request that you remove my late payments and also mark as "Paid in Full" no late payments or Item be deleted from my credit report.  

·         Paid in Full letter and confirmation.

·         I am entitled to $4,000, $1000 for each violation, plus $2411.12 in overpayment made to the consolidated Perkins loan.  Therefore, please issue a check in the amount of $6,411.12 made payable to  XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.

This is an attempt to correct my credit report, collect monies owed, and to report fair and accurate information.  Any information obtained shall be used for that purpose.

Best Regards,

what do you think?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
clermontkarate

Re: read my letter.....gimme sum feedback

I am entitled to $4,000, $1000 for each violation, plus $2411.12 in overpayment made to the consolidated Perkins loan.  Therefore, please issue a check in the amount of $6,411.12 made payable to  XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX."

If the fine is $1000 per violation, does that mean you receive the $1000 fine.  I am a bit confused on that.  I am not so sure that is the case. 
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

good point.....yes i am entitled to that amount per violation. 

they are not reporting accurately the amount

Message 3 of 5
CreditBob
Established Contributor

Have you also gone through the dispute process with the credit bureaus? If you have not then do so and send them copies of all receipts, and documentation that backs up your dispute claim. Always use a tarcking number by certified mail. over night delivery, or priority mail with delivey confirmation because all of those having tracking numbers. When you previously contacted the creditors how did you make contact with them? If you called htem on the phone did you docuemnt the call such as the telephone number called, name of person that you talked to, thier dept. name,  tiem of day, the date, day, etc? If you also conatcted them by mail did you have docuemntation form the psot office such as tracking number because you can go online to www.usps.com and print off the tracking information. On any letetrs that you ahve sent did you have the date and contact information for you, and did you save copies of those letters? I am not trying to sound like a red tape pain, but the relaity of it is you need to document everything. I ran into a samilar sitauution, and I sent copies of everything, not only to the credit bureaus, but to the better businesss bureau www.bbb.org and to the Divison of Consumer Proetction with the Attorney general's offcie in the state of the creditor. If there are 2 creditors involved then you need to conact the AG's office & BBB in both states. Good luck
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes Bob, most of that has been done.

i have disputed w/ Experian.   waiting for verification....

OC has done a sloppy job with this consolidation.   a big issue too is the amount that 6396, that still shows in credit report.  but when i do the math after the consolidation they added over 2000.  how is that possible when it shows TODAY the amount is 6396.  adding 8296 to the rest of my loans..

plus they were supposed to return the promissory note I signed...

thanks agian for the feedback!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.