I am writing to you today regarding my Perkins Loan recently consolidated with Nelnet in May 2007. Please be aware that XXXXXXXXXXXXXX is reporting inaccurate information to Experian credit bureau, in violation of the FCRA. This violation carries a fine of $1,000 per violation.
Additionally, XXXXXXXXXXXXX refuses to comply with my request to obtain a payment in full letter, supportive documentation, invoicing and fees associated with the Perkins consolidation.
In the process of consolidation, XXXXXXXXXXXXXX overcharged the amount of the consolidation by $2411.42.Issue 1
Perkins Loan in the amount of $5450. Consolidated in May 2007.
Reporting on my credit report as of July 13, 2007, $6396. This loan was consolidated with Nelnet, in May 2007. This item is being reported inaccurately and in violation of the FCRA. This violation carries a fine of $1,000 per violation.Issue 2
Perkins Loan in the amount of $6396. Reported to Experian as of July 13, 2007.
Failure to respond to my repeated requests for Johnson and Wales University to provide me with the PAID IN FULL letter and promissory note verbally agreed upon. Furthermore an itemized statement detailing all fee’s and interest associated with this loan.Issue 3
Perkins Loan AFTER consolidation, amount being incorrectly reported to Experian, as of July 13, 2007. Violation $1,000
April 2007, Nelnet consolidation loans are $24,593.93
May 2007, Nelent AFTER consolidating loans $ 33, 401.35Issue 4
After consolidation amount of $ 8807.42 is incorrect. Violation $1,000
Perkins Loan LAST reported as $6396. Perkins Loan CURRENTLY reported as $6396. This is the amount to be consolidated. Violation $1,000
The difference between BEFORE consolidation and AFTER consolidation $2411.42Overpayment was made to this consolidation loan. Please refund, $2411.42
I would also like to request, in writing, that no telephone contact be made by your offices to my home or to my place of employment. If your offices attempt telephone communication with me, including but not limited to computer generated calls and calls or correspondence sent to or with any third parties, it will be considered harassment and I will have no choice but to file suit. All future communications with me MUST be done in writing and sent to the address noted in this letter by USPS.
I will seek legal action under § FCRA 623 (b) for violations of the FCRA if you do not comply and respond to me with the results of the investigation in 30 days.
In order to clear up this matter,
· I would like a copy, of the payment history from Johnson and Wales, showing me when I was late on what dates, associated fees and interest, related to the Perkins Loan.
· Incorrect information being deleted from my credit report. If you don't respond with the results of the investigation (as is required per the FCRA), I will assume you have no documentation and therefore you were negligent in providing the credit bureau with accurate information. At this point, you would also be in violation of the FCRA merely for not responding within the 30-day period and not reporting fair and accurate information.
· I request that you remove my late payments and also mark as "Paid in Full" no late payments or Item be deleted from my credit report.
· Paid in Full letter and confirmation.
· I am entitled to $4,000, $1000 for each violation, plus $2411.12 in overpayment made to the consolidated Perkins loan. Therefore, please issue a check in the amount of $6,411.12 made payable to XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.
This is an attempt to correct my credit report, collect monies owed, and to report fair and accurate information. Any information obtained shall be used for that purpose.
what do you think?