cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rebuilding my credit after BK

tag
tg55

rebuilding my credit after BK

hello, at the risk of asking a question that probobly has already been answered, can someone tell me what steps I need to take for me to rebuild my credit? I filed for BK and it was discharged in Feb of 2005. I have only applied for credit once and it was a disaster! I went to a car dealership and they ran my credit report about 7 times trying to get me the credit, needless to say I won't go there again but the damage is done! Can anyone help?????
tg55
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: rebuilding my credit after BK

First I think assess where you are. Gather this info and post back, and everyone here will help you map out a plan.

1.) Get your credit reports from myfico and check them for accuracy. Make sure all account that were reported in BK reflect that, and that those accounts have 0 balances.

2.) What other history on your report do you have? Any collections not IIB? Judgements? etc

3.) Post and ask questions, everyone is here to help.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: rebuilding my credit after BK

Sorry about the spelling!!! That what I get for trying to do 3 things at once..lol
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.