tg55

rebuilding my credit after BK

hello, at the risk of asking a question that probobly has already been answered, can someone tell me what steps I need to take for me to rebuild my credit? I filed for BK and it was discharged in Feb of 2005. I have only applied for credit once and it was a disaster! I went to a car dealership and they ran my credit report about 7 times trying to get me the credit, needless to say I won't go there again but the damage is done! Can anyone help?????
tg55
Valued Member
creditrecovery

Re: rebuilding my credit after BK

First I think assess where you are. Gather this info and post back, and everyone here will help you map out a plan.

1.) Get your credit reports from myfico and check them for accuracy. Make sure all account that were reported in BK reflect that, and that those accounts have 0 balances.

2.) What other history on your report do you have? Any collections not IIB? Judgements? etc

3.) Post and ask questions, everyone is here to help.

Valued Member
creditrecovery

Re: rebuilding my credit after BK

Sorry about the spelling!!! That what I get for trying to do 3 things at once..lol

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+