Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reinsertion of collection after 1 day

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

reinsertion of collection after 1 day

Three days ago I disputed two collection accounts on Transunion online. Yesterday I received a message that they had been deleted. (neither account had reported since 2003). I checked my report and they were indeed gone. This morning I pulled my report and one of them was back on, still with a last reporting date of 2003. What can I do? Also, has anyone had any trouble with Transunion's online dispute? When I try to dispute I get the results of the last dispute, even though I am not choosing that selection. Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: reinsertion of collection after 1 day

Can you be more clear on how you are "checking you report"

From TC or MyFico or From TU's site?
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, I checked the report on transunion's website yesterday and printed a copy. Today I checked on truecredit. Sorry if I'm not beeing clear, I'm just a little upset.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Sorry, I checked the report on transunion's website yesterday and printed a copy. Today I checked on truecredit. Sorry if I'm not beeing clear, I'm just a little upset.

I am a new TC member and I am finding some inconstancies as well.
Most of my creditors update on the last day of the month and none of them are updated on TC.

Give it a few days to update on TC.
Message 4 of 9
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Assuming it was actually reinserted try:

I am requesting that you investigate the items listed below.

Name of account, account number XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. This item has not been reported properly. After looking at past and present credit reports it has come to my attention that you have allowed this item to be reinserted into my credit file after it had been deleted. Based on the credit report dates the period during which this reinsertion took place was between XX/XX/XX and XX/XX/XX.

Pursuant to the FCRA, I'd like to be provided with copies of the certification required for reinsertion for this account.

Under the FCRA Section 611(a)(5)((ii) ". . . . reinserted in the file, the consumer reporting agency shall notify the consumer of the reinsertion in writing not later than
5 business days after the reinsertion or, if authorized by the consumer for that purpose, by any other means available to the agency.
(iii) Additional information. As part of, or in addition to, the notice under clause (ii), a consumer reporting agency shall provide to a consumer in writing not later than 5 business days after the date of the reinsertion
(I) a statement that the disputed information has been reinserted;
(II) the business name and address of any furnisher of information contacted and the telephone number of such furnisher, if reasonably available, or of any furnisher of information that contacted the consumer reporting agency, in connection with the reinsertion of such information; . . . ."

I was not so notified. I am disputing this item. I will allow you 15 days to furnish this information, however if you do not provide the information requested, you must delete this account as required by the FCRA. Please send me a copy of my updated credit report after you have completed this request.

Thank you for your time and effort.

Message 5 of 9
gidget
New Contributor

Thanks for directing me here! Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

The exact same thing happened to me yesterday through TU. The last dispute came up and it would not allow me to file a new dispute.  Also, several months back TU had taken off a ATTwireless co from my report, and yesterday it showed up there again.  What is going on?  Should I send the letter referenced above to TU?  Thanks for any assistance.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kind of off topic but were do you dispute with TU online? Can you dispute with EQ online? Again sorry for going a little off topic.

OK I will search next time thanks.

Message Edited by Rockjock on 08-17-2007 07:47 AM

Message Edited by Rockjock on 08-17-2007 07:47 AM
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most likely what happened ws that the dispute went unanswered in the specified time period (or they were jsut late responding).  When the collection agency next ran its tapes it was reinserted. If the debt is valid it can be reinserted anytime within the 7 yr window. but since it did not come back validated I would definitely follw the former advice including the fact that it was disputed, removed and never came back validated.

Dont know why it was remioved as the collector has  30 days to validate.

Message Edited by Brammy on 08-17-2007 10:25 AM
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.