Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

remove as Authorized User question

tag
bonddiva07
Valued Member

remove as Authorized User question

If you remove an authorized user account because it is 85% util and not really providing a positive impact on your score, will this lower or raise your score?

And, if you remove yourself from the authorized account, does that account information that reported on your report for 2 years just disappear from your credit report as if you never had it?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: remove as Authorized User question

Did it help your score when you first got it?...your score should got back to what it was before you got it...as of you never got it...and it will be removed all together as of you never got it...
Message 2 of 5
bonddiva07
Valued Member

No, it didn't really do anything to my score 2 years ago because the account was fairly new.  It didn't add any length to my credit history and it is a Capital one so the balance that was charged on there was also listed as the credit limit.  I actually think it took a few points away when I was added but then again this was also pre-Myfico.com so I had Triple Advantage at the time and my score was in the low 500s.  So I have no  clue what it did to my Fico score.

All of my score increases have happened because of other repair efforts in the past 18 months with Myfico.com and I have raised my score about 140 points since then.  So if I remove it since it has a balance of 1785 with a limit reporting as 2000 (85% util)  do you think my score will improve?

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I won't say it will improve...I don't know...it will lower you UTL...so a card that had a 2000 CL...I think you might see an decrease instead of an increase...what is the UTL and CL on you other cards...
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

bonddiva07 wrote:
If you remove an authorized user account because it is 85% util and not really providing a positive impact on your score, will this lower or raise your score?

And, if you remove yourself from the authorized account, does that account information that reported on your report for 2 years just disappear from your credit report as if you never had it?

Do you have other revolving credit?

What will your total util be before and after you remove the card?

Do you have accounts that are older?
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.