Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

removing collections early?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

removing collections early?

I have two remaining paid collections on my credit reports from I C Systems. They are due to be removed in December 2007 and July 2008 respectively due to the 7 year timeframe . I’m close to buying a house (first time home buyer) and would like to get them off earlier to hopefully get a better rate. Any advice that might help me out? Anything I might be able to do? My first thought was to contact I C systems and see if I could find someone to help, although I know this is a longshot. Also thought about sending a dispute to them calling them outdated. Thanks in advance. Kevin
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: removing collections early?

I dispute a few accounts that were close to the deletion date and so far two have been deleted. I dispute them online.
Message 2 of 6
2anewu
Regular Contributor

Does this apply to judgments? I have one that is due to be removed March 2008, but I know that it will fall off a little sooner. Anyway I read somewhere that you should not dispute them if they are old---or something like that? Is this correct???? 
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have the letter you used? I have several accounts to "fall off" in 3/08 and 4/08, but don't know how to word the GW letter. HELP!!!
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I disputed a judgment that was due to drop off in DEC. I disputed it as paid and it was deleted in about 20 days. Good luck!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.