Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

removing collections.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

removing collections.

I have 4 collection accounts on TU, Estimated date of removals are 11/2010, 10/2009(2) and 8/2013. 3 out of those are on EQ DOFD 11/2002, 12/2003, and 9/2006. 2 out of those are on EX est date of removal 9/2010 and 9/2009. 1 My first question is should I even worry with the two that are scheduled to come off in 2009. I disputed them and they both came back verified even though I'm positive one of them is absolutely not mine. 2 My second question is, why are the removal dates different for each CRA? I have DV'd two of the accounts, with no response. The two that are due to fall off next year one is paid one isn't. Im wondering if it makes more sense to just let them fall off. My score would only stand to gain a few points. For the ones that aren't coming off soon, one is paid but i'm having a hard time getting to the OC. Any advice would help right now.

Message Edited by kiyahsmom on 04-17-2008 05:16 PM
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: removing collections. bother or no?

BUMP
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: removing collections. bother or no?

Bump.

Can some of our more knowledgeable members offer any advice here?

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: removing collections.

kiyahsmom wrote:
I have 4 collection accounts on TU, Estimated date of removals are 11/2010, 10/2009(2) and 8/2013. 3 out of those are on EQ DOFD 11/2002, 12/2003, and 9/2006. 2 out of those are on EX est date of removal 9/2010 and 9/2009.

1 My first question is should I even worry with the two that are scheduled to come off in 2009. I disputed them and they both came back verified even though I'm positive one of them is absolutely not mine.

Send MOV for the one that you know isn't yours. What is SOL? What is DOLA?

2 My second question is, why are the removal dates different for each CRA?

7-7.5 years from DOFD is removal date. So, as long as not past the 7.5 year mark then removal ok.

I have DV'd two of the accounts, with no response.

How long has it been?

The two that are due to fall off next year one is paid one isn't. Im wondering if it makes more sense to just let them fall off.

It might.........if you dispute and they update it could make it appear as a "new" collection. You'd be best to deal with the ones remaining longer first then deal with these last.

My score would only stand to gain a few points. For the ones that aren't coming off soon, one is paid but i'm having a hard time getting to the OC.

If the paid one is being reported by the CA, contacting the OC won't help. The CA has to remove it. As far as I know.

Any advice would help right now.

Message Edited by kiyahsmom on 04-17-2008 05:16 PM

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

the SOL is 3 years, the DOLA is 12/2003. As far as the DV accounts it has been 29 days, i only recieved one of the CMRRR back , it was from AFNI, never got one from the other company. So my option now is to MOV the CRA? And to GW the CA to get the paid ones off/
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

kiyahsmom wrote:
the SOL is 3 years, the DOLA is 12/2003.

Then it appears you are out of SOL and don't have that to worry about.

As far as the DV accounts it has been 29 days, i only recieved one of the CMRRR back , it was from AFNI, never got one from the other company.

Allow about 35 days and then send follow up DV and letter to the CRA with a copy of your greencard, copy of letter sent to CA, and copy of CM label. As for the CMRRR you haven't received back........do you have your CM label? Go to www.usps.com and track it and see if it has been delivered. I'll provide you the second DV letter and letter to CRA tomorrow......I am about to hit the sack tonite.

So my option now is to MOV the CRA? And to GW the CA to get the paid ones off/

If you disputed the account that is NOT yours and the CRA verified, send a DV letter to the CA and a MOV to the CRA that verified.

As for the paid ones, GW is really your only option.

Message Edited by sidewinder on 04-17-2008 09:24 PM
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do have all the info and i will follow up and take all advice. thanx for the response.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

This letter goes to the CRA- include DOB, SS#, Proof of Identity, Copy of Letter to CA, Copy of GreenCard, Copy of CM Label.

My Address

To: CRA

CRA Address

Date: June XX,2006

RE: Account #XXXXXXX/ Arrow Financial Services

Dear Sir/Madam:

This is a request for deletion of a disputed item. I have attempted to have this alleged debt verified by the alleged creditor and collection agency to no avail. I am respectfully requesting that Experian do what is legally mandated by the FCRA and FDCPA, and delete the account listing.

Arrow Financial Services, Account # XXXXXXXX

On March 21, 2006, Arrow Financial Services received a demand for validation from me. Attached is a copy of that letter along with the U.S. Post Office return receipt showing they did indeed receive the request. As of today, June XX, 2006, they have failed to provide any proof or respond in any way.

On May 2, 2006, I sent a second letter. Again, I have received no response. Attached is a copy of the letter and the U.S. Post Office showing they did receive that letter.

The FDCPA states they must cease collection activity until they have produced verification of the alleged debt if so requested. As per the FTC, this includes reporting to the credit bureaus, which they obviously have done illegally. It is quite evident that no such proof of this alleged debt exists or they would have provided it in the previous 3 months since it was requested.

As per the FCRA, if no proof of debt exists, it may not be reported to the credit reporting bureaus. The FCRA also states that the credit reporting agencies must accept written proof from the debtor.

Therefore, I am not asking for an investigation to be done, I am requesting that the entry be deleted in its entirety as there is no proof of its existence as evidenced by my attached documented proof.

Sincerely,

You

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.