Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

removing collections

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

removing collections

I have "paid collections" on my report from 2001 and 2003.  I have called those agencies and asked about removing them from my report and all replied the same it takes 7 years.  I have been reading the foums and see folks getting items deleted.  By writing to these Collection Agencies can I get a better result? Dose it truly take 7 years or can they remove it whenever they want?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: removing collections

1creditconfused wrote:
I have "paid collections" on my report from 2001 and 2003.  I have called those agencies and asked about removing them from my report and all replied the same it takes 7 years.  I have been reading the foums and see folks getting items deleted.  By writing to these Collection Agencies can I get a better result? Dose it truly take 7 years or can they remove it whenever they want?

All baddies will drop from CR 7 years from DOFD (not date when paid)  On any paid collection you would send a GW letter.  Who is reporting OC, CA or both   and what are they reporting?

Things that Have a DOFD in 2001 should drop this year.

Message Edited by HappyDays on 01-31-2008 01:11 PM
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: removing collections

The Collection Agency is reporting it only as Paid Medical Collection...
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.