Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

removing public record - no banruptcy!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

removing public record - no banruptcy!!

Hello, I have two public records for a banruptcy I didn't have..
Does someone know how to remove the two public records that say I had a bankrutpcy? I had filed, it was transferred (the second public record is actually it's transfer to another court) and I dismissed it. Can Myfico do this for me?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: removing public record - no banruptcy!!

seems to me that it should be as simple as a dispute to CRA's. they will then contact court to verify. if they can't get it done themselves, contact court and ask them to remove it. then get copies of documents from courthouse showing dismissal and send to CRA's. one-two punch.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only problem is - and I have records of it's dismisal from the court - that they sort of made of mess of it - they started filing all this information on some accounts and not others so I don't feel confident they can correct it. What is a CRA?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Reporting Agency

I'd say start with a dispute to them. You can go online and get free annual credit reports (if you haven't already) then dispute online saying that the BK never happened. See if it gets verified or not and then go from there. it could be just that easy. the bottom line is, that if a judge didn't sign it, it's not a judgment. Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.