Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

requestiing a copy of my rport

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

requestiing a copy of my rport

We just tried for a mortgage loan and were denied. Smiley Sad  I do not wany another hit on our credit so I was thinking of requesting a copy of what my lender had pulled. Is that possible or do I have to pull the reports myself to know what the lender saw?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: requestiing a copy of my rport

If you receive a denial of credit in which the creditor used a credit report as part of their consideration, they must advise you in their denial letter of your right under the FCRA to send a copy of the denial letter to the CRA within 90 days of the denial letter.  The CRA must then provide you a free copy of your credit report.

It is important to note that the creditor does not provide you the report, it must be obtained from the CRA.

Message 2 of 7
LianaCCB

You can also utilize a consumer credit reporting site - the report may not be as in-depth as the report your mortgage lender pulled, but generally they will not provide that report to you. A basic consumer report from ScoreSense or IdentityGuard can give you a pretty accurate overview of what is going on with your credit. Most even offer a free trial. I know Credit Check Total does soft inquiries (other lenders cant see that) so it won't add additional hits to your scores.

Hope that helps!

Liana
4+ years of experience in the business credit industry
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am going to wait to see if the report will come in the mail. For now, I am using CreditKarma to see what's on my report. My score on CK is much lower than the one I get from DicoverIT. 

Would this be a good time for me to maybe open a new credit card or ask for credit limit increase ? (multiple HP in a short time does not affect my score, right?) (I am so new to this, I know I sound stupid.) Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 7
Luscher
Valued Contributor

you can get a free report from annualcreditreport.com
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

If you receive a denial of credit in which the creditor used a credit report as part of their consideration, they must advise you in their denial letter of your right under the FCRA to send a copy of the denial letter to the CRA within 90 days of the denial letter.  The CRA must then provide you a free copy of your credit report.

It is important to note that the creditor does not provide you the report, it must be obtained from the CRA.

+1. Right on.

Message 6 of 7
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@Luscher wrote:
you can get a free report from annualcreditreport.com

+1 They wont give you the score but a detailed report of everything else. Including SP inquiries.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.