Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

response to letter for information

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

response to letter for information

I had sent in a dispute to the CRA for  an account from MCM (midland).  Yesterday I got a letter from MCM  saying that "to reach a quick solution....blah blah blah...please send us cancelled checks, paid letters, etc...."  

My question.  I have this CA on at least one violation because they are reporting this 2 times on my credit report to one of the CRA.   I have sent that dispute in to get them to remove it but should I send them a letter back and tell them that it is there responsibility to provide proof and if not in 10 days to remove it from my file?     Help!!!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: response to letter for information

bump
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: response to letter for information

nursern30 wrote:
I had sent in a dispute to the CRA for  an account from MCM (midland).  Yesterday I got a letter from MCM  saying that "to reach a quick solution....blah blah blah...please send us cancelled checks, paid letters, etc...."  

My question.  I have this CA on at least one violation because they are reporting this 2 times on my credit report to one of the CRA.   I have sent that dispute in to get them to remove it but should I send them a letter back and tell them that it is there responsibility to provide proof and if not in 10 days to remove it from my file?     Help!!!

Always keep in mind SOL when dealing with any CA!!!!!

When an item appears 2 times on any CR....dispute as dup. (with the CRAs) The CR will remove 1 (or both If you get lucky)

DV the CA   CMRRR.........they must answer within 30 days or stop reporting!

Do NOT SIGN  DV   just type your name..............never give any more info.....only whats on CR......The CA has to prove that it is your account NOT YOU!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.